Be the first to like this
Brocade - Channel Survey 2013 report - December 2013
INDUSTRY INSIGHT, OPINIONS, AND TRENDS
BUSINESS IT TRENDS PUT THE NETWORK IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Last year Brocade produced the first Channel 2020 report, examining the networking sector and reseller and integrators predictions for 2020.
These were the main findings:
• Complexity is a significant issue, but there will be a shift from purely technical
complexity to technical and administrative complexity as organizations adopt
hybrid cloud models
• A desire for efficiency and cost reductions will drive ongoing efforts toward
• The cost of maintaining legacy infrastructures is becoming unsustainable
GROWING RELIANCE ON MORE DATA
Will these predictions become reality? Only time will tell. One thing to be sure
about is that more “things” and more people will be relying on more data via
more platforms over network infrastructures that in some cases have not seen
significant investment in years.
How to respond to this effectively has become the key IT issue for organizations
of all sizes from all types of industry sectors.
Consider this analysis:
• The number of smart connected devices (desktop PCs, portable PCs, tablets,
smartphones) shipped will increase by 87.3 percent between 2012 and 20171
• By 2016, wearable smart electronics will emerge as a $10 billion industry2
• In at least 10 countries worldwide, over a third of households own an
• Online sales are projected to grow from $150 billion in 2010 to $250 billion
Alongside Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), cloud, unified communications,
increased video use, and application deployment, this all puts the network firmly
in the spotlight. Customers and employees will not accept anything less than
immediate access and connectivity to the tools and information they feel are an
intrinsic part of their work and lives.