The most famous shooting is the Columbine Massacre, originated by Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. There were 14 deaths (13 students and a teacher). Other famous shottings include the Virginia Tech Massacre, in which 33 people died. Took place on Monday, April 16, 2007, in Virgina, USA.
The causes of school violence are primarily intolerance (of anybody who is different in any way from those around them), bullies, teasing, and hazing. If they ever realize the truth, maybe someday in a few decades from now, they'll actually try to do something about it.
1. Give the parents and teachers practical training in recognizing the signs of bullying, and how to stop it, as well as how to get the bullies and all the other students at the school to change their intolerant.
2. Ask for adult volunteers to ride in the backs of the buses during the trips to and from school, as well as on the school grounds in the hallways, cafeterias, and other places around the school to deter bullying.
3. If the school can afford it, put in more video cameras, and record everything, video and audio, except in the restrooms, where maybe an adult of the same sex that the restroom is for could supervise, instead.
4. If a student complains about harrassing and bullying behavior, take it seriously. If you don't, the bullies will likely continue it, and do more, pushing the envelope until they get a slap on the wrist when a child gets killed.
5. Schools have a 'zero tolerance' policy against weapons, including chains and key chains, but seemingly not against bullying, teasing, and intolerance for people's differences. That has to change and it has to be just as strict enforcement as the other stuff, or it will not work!
Even though school shootings are not that common in Argentina, international evidence has guaranteed us that it CAN happen. So, the solution is not to wait and see what happens, the solution is act NOW in order to prevent them.