2. Agile Transition CoachAlexandre Cuva• Agile Transition Coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner• Management 3.0 & Certified Scrum Developer Trainer• Event speaker• Hermes Swiss Project Team Professional• ITIL V3“I coach teams and organization to become highly productive.”http://www.slideshare.net/GToronto
3. Ho Chi Minh CityThursday11:00 – Management Excellence13:30 – Dice4AgileFriday11:00 – TDD Dojo C#13:30 – Energize People
4. Source from Ken Lum
5. For thousand years, we were ruled from a Central AuthorityHue, ancient Vietnam imperial palace : http://www.travelloops.com
6. Self- organization is the default behaviorin complex adaptive systems
7. Ho Chi Minh City is a is a complex adaptive system(CAS), because it consists of parts (people) that form a system (city), which shows complex behavior while it keeps adapting to a changing environment.
8. A Fractal is a Complex Adaptive System (CAD)
9. A team is a Complex Adaptive System (CAD) The ManagerSources : http://rafrogblogus.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/inside- the- nescafe- plan- in- vietnam/
10. A Team is just a zoom on our Fractal
11. Managers are ordinary people with special powerSources : http://rafrogblogus.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/inside- the- nescafe- plan- in- vietnam/
12. The ultimate victory in competition is derived from the innersatisfaction of knowing that you have done your best and thatyou have gotten the most out of what you had to give.Howard Cossel, 1918- 1995
13. 10 Intrinsic DesiresCuriosity The need to thinkHonor Being loyal to a groupAcceptance The need for approvalMastery / Competence The need to feel capablePower The need for influence of willFreedom / Independence / Autonomy Being an individualRelatedness / Social Contact The need for friendsOrder Or stable environmentsGoal / Idealism / Purpose The need for purposeStatus The need for social standing 18
14. The Seven Levels of Authority1. Tell: make decision as the manager2. Sell: convince people about decision3. Consult: get input from team before decision4. Agree: make decision together with team5. Advise: influence decision made by the team6. Inquire: ask feedback after decision by team7. Delegate: no influence, let team work it out 20
15. Managers are like leaders, they defines constraints, the employees defines the rules
16. Managers need to share their objectives
17. Teams need to have an identity to identify their self
18. Managers need to found way so they employees learn
19. Is this possible?shareholders / customers / owners users employees / workerssuppliers / partners communities / society
20. Management 3.0Workout Practices
21. People are the most important parts ofan organization and managers must do all they can to keep people active, creative, and motivated.
22. Teams can self- organize, and this requires empowerment, authorization, and trust from management.
23. Self- organization can lead to anything, and it’s therefore necessary to protect people and shared resources……and to give people a clearpurpose and defined goals.
24. Teams cannot achieve their goals if teammembers aren’t capableenough, and managers must therefore contribute to the development of competence.
25. Many teams operate within the context of a complexorganization, and thus it is important to considerstructures that enhance communication.
26. People, teams, and organizations need toimprove continuously todefer failure for as long as possible.