1. Your Organization in the Mobile WorldMarch 2012
2. We use mobile anytime, anywhere InMobi, Decision Fuel & On Device Research, Mobile Media Consumption Research, Feb 2012
3. Globally: Mobile share of time ahead of TV, catchingup with online InMobi, Decision Fuel & On Device Research, Mobile Media Consumption Research, Feb 2012
4. In the US, Mobile Apps Has overtaken Web comScore, Alexa, Flurry Analytics
5. In Singapore • About 70% of Singaporeans already own a smartphone • 50% of Singaporeans regarded mobile as their primary or exclusive means of accessing the Internet. • 44% had discovered something new via mobile advertising • 47% of Singaporean consumers who responded refer to their mobile devices before making a purchase InMobi Network Research, APAC Q3 2011
6. Mobile centricity in Developing Countries • 72% of internet users in India use their mobile as their primary means of accessing the web. • Here, mobile internet users spend 33% of their media time on mobile devices – Higher than any other media InMobi Network Research, APAC Q3 2011
7. The new 5Cs• Coverage• Constant reach• Context• Connect personally• Community
8. “ [W]e will continue to see these trends rapidly accelerate asconsumers rely ever more heavily on their mobile device. While theopportunities to exploit mobile media remain strong, the stakeholdersacross the industry will be confronted with ongoing questions andchallenges which need to be addressed in order to meet the growing ”expectations of the customer - InMobi CEO and Founder Naveen Tewari
9. Do I need it?
10. Begin with the end in mind• What value does it offer to my audience?• What is the best vehicle to deliver that?• Do I have the resources (money, manpower, technical expertise) to manage it?
11. Begin with the end in mind• What value does it offer to my audience?• What is the best vehicle to deliver that?• Do I have the resources (money, manpower, technical expertise) to manage it?
12. Macy’s Backstage Pass
13. Wrigley’s ‘Sweet to Sour’ 5 Gum
14. SG Election 2011• SG Election app was launched by Straits Times on the 22nd April 2011 and was an instant hit for the newspaper with almost 350,000 downloads within the first 24 hours
15. Grains Research and Development Corporation
16. What value does it offer for my audience?• Who are your audience?• What’s their daily life like?• How do their use mobile and social applications?• Age, education level, profession, motivation?• How do they currently interact with your organization, what’s the unfulfilled need?• What’s the hook for them?• Make it easy for them to use.
17. Begin with the end in mind• What value does it offer to my audience?• What is the best vehicle to deliver that?• Do I have the resources (money, manpower, technical expertise) to manage it?
18. • App vs Mobile-optimized Website
19. 91% of the top brands have a presence in atleast one of the major app stores. This is asignificant increase compared to 18 months agowhen only 51% of the brands published orlicensed an application. Interbrand 2011 Best Global Brands report
20. Advantages of Apps• Rich content• Tailored functionality• Ease to use• Speed• Additional layer of data and personalization
21. What’s the platform? • iOS, Android, Symbian • Domino’s Pizza • iPhone app released last year • Android app launched 3 weeks ago
22. Native app vs Web app • Built for the OS • Can be deployed across different OS • Full access to the phone’s features • Easier version updates • Richer functionality • *No full access to the phone’s features • Works offline • Lower costs • Distribution • Emulate native apps
23. • They are not mutually exclusive!
24. • Backend infrastructure• Server planning• APIs
25. “If your app can’t offer something that yourcustomer can’t do on a computer, don’t do it. ”
26. Mobile-Optimized websites
27. Google Analytics as the Gauge Web Mobile device
28. Begin with the end in mind• What value does it offer to my audience?• What is the best vehicle to deliver that?• Do I have the resources (money, manpower, technical expertise) to manage it?
29. “ It offers the unprecedented opportunity to connect withyour customers and truly build the personal relationshipwith them; but do you have what it takes? ”
30. Take your customers further in the mobileexperience…• Communication with customers online• Customer service• Test and improve• Hosting and storage
31. Take your customers further in the mobileexperience, and it takes you further in themobile world • Coverage • Constant reach • Context • Connect personally • Community
32. A short introduction to Reading Room
33. BackgroundIndependently owned and managed since 1996200 digital expertsAwards for user experience and excellenceAll digital services, from strategy to implementation
34. Reading Room Awards 2011 The International Business Awards 2011 Winner – Terrence Higgins Trust, My HIV Distinguished Honouree: RAF Benevolent Fund B2B Marketings 2011 UK agency league Table Reading Room has been ranked 3rd Campaign Asia Digital Media Award Silver Award – Philips Healthcare Special Commendation 2011 Charity Times Awards Outstanding Use of Social Media: RAF Benevolent Fund
35. Reading Room Awards 2011 PR Week Awards Winner: Best in Digital and Social Media – RAF Benevolent Fund Australian Web Awards Winner - Australian Securities & Investments Commission : Money Smart website Interactive Media Awards Best in Class Government – Australian National Audit Office Sitecore Site of the Year Best Not for Profit Site: Terrence Higgins Trust
36. Competition Commission SingaporeReading Room has proudly revamped the website for the CCS, which includes installation of a new contentmanagement system on the SHINE platform
37. Monetary Authority SingaporeMAS has recently engaged Reading Room to revamp the Monetary Authority of Singapore website, including the Money Sense subsidiary and sister sites.
38. Crucial ingredients for success Research and strategy Creativity Technology Design and user experience
39. An Experienced Partner
40. Our Government Experience
41. GET IN TOUCHTalk to our team in Duxton Hill and also access the knowledge of our staff in London and Australia Tel: +65 6603 6020 E: email@example.com Web: readingroom.com.sg @: ReadingRoomSG 29A – 30A Duxton Road Singapore 089494