- How are fold mountains formed?
- How do people live in fold mountains?
How do they form?
- At a collision margin (another word for a plate boundary) 2 continental plates are pushing towards each other.
- Because they are the same density (weight) neither of them can sink so the SQUEEZE upwards making fold mountains
- Compressional plate boundary
- Log on to KN and complete the task sheets.
- Use the guide sheets to help you
Plenary… make sure you can answer the following questions
- What 2 plate boundaries form fold mountains?
- What type of rocks make up fold mountains?
- Can you name 3 examples of fold mountains and say what continents they are in.