Building A Business Plan
Gener8! Business Ready in 8 Weeks
What Is A Business Plan?
• Document that describes the nature of
a business, from sales to strategy.
– A roadmap or plan
– Describes where you were, are, and going
– Convincingly demonstrates that your
business can make satisfactory profit to
– A selling document
Building A Business Plan 2
Goals Of A Business Plan
• Raise money
• Get partners
• Get interest in the idea
• Keep you and key staff on track
Building A Business Plan 3
Start By Evaluating Your Business Idea
• What product or service are you selling?
• Benefits to customer
• Why choose to do business with you?
• What is different about your product/service?
• What is your level of expertise?
• Who are your customers and/or primary
• What is the profile of your customer
• Where is your product/service sold?
Building A Business Plan 4
Promoting Your Business
• How will you promote your business to
• What promotional activities will you
• Research target market to understand
what is in demand and how to compete
so you can:
– Reduce business risk
– Spot current and upcoming problems in your
– Identify sales opportunities
Building A Business Plan 5
Examine Your Competition
• Who are your top 5 competitors
(consider San Antonio & beyond)?
• What do they offer?
• What do the not offer?
• What makes you different?
Building A Business Plan 6
Conduct A SWOT Analysis
Building A Business Plan 7
Framework Of A Business Plan
• Executive summary
• Product & Service Definition
• Market Analysis
• Sales Strategy
• Management Plan
• Financial Analysis
• Supporting Documents
Building A Business Plan 8
Build A Team To Succeed
• Business advisor/mentor
• Insurance agent
Building A Business Plan 9
Get Connected & Learn More
Sign Up for our business classes
Connect with us via social where we talk personal and small
business tips to help you reach your money goals