What is a GBG?
Google Business Group (GBG) is a community of business professionals
sharing knowledge about Google web technologies for business success.
Who are a part of GBG?
• Business Professionals from Corporate House
• Entrepreneurs & SME
• Marketing & Advertising Fraternity
• Passionate Techies
• Bloggers & Press friends
• Digital Enthusiasts
GBG Mumbai – The Journey
• GBG was established in April 2013, GBG is a community led program
represented by local groups (GBG chapters) which organize social
gatherings, workshops, online hangouts, events and other activities
• GBG has conducted more than 10 workshops to help SMEs and
Entrepreneurs take full advantage of the web technologies
• GBG has been the perfect place for like-minded business
professionals to connect, learn and get inspired on how Google
products and web technologies can improve efficiency, productivity
and impact overall success of their business
• GBG has an all India presence with local communities represented by
local groups which are also called GBG chapters
GBG Success Stories
After attending our YouTube Workshop, A bunch of enthusiasts make
their first video and use YouTube to promote it.
GBG Success Stories
Many success stories unfold…
Hemant - a regular attendee of GBG has gained at least two new
business for building websites after networking session at GBG
More than 4 patrons started using AdWords after attending our
Launch of GBG Women on 24th May 2014
• GBG Women focuses more on technologies that cater to needs of
• The GBG Women initiative is for women who are already using the
Internet for various reasons and are curious about what more can be
done with it
• GBG Women will provide a platform to all - women having no web
presence to women using the Internet to enhance their business.
• The goal of GBG Women is to increase women’s participation in the
communities and empower women with the technology related skills
necessary to succeed
• Here is your chance to join GBG Women and help yourself ‘go digital’
GBG Women – Future Plans
• GBG Women will be taking up case studies of women professionals &
entrepreneurs who have implemented technology powered by Google
as part of their daily lives for transformation in their business
• Providing platform for women to come forth and share their technology
related learning's and experiences
• Learning every month new techniques on technology for enhanced
How I Use Technology for Business
and make my life Better
•Write – Grammar / Thesauraus.com
•Research – Google / Youtube / Others
•Google Adwords - SEO content / Content
USE OF THE WEB
•Apps – Picktochart / Photogrid
•Design – MS Picture / Picasa
•Presentations – Powerpoint / Prezi
USE OF APPS ON WEB
•Videomaker – Windows Live Movie Maker
•Audio – itunes / convert MP4 to MP3
•GDRIVE – Upload instead of attach
•SENDING – Hightail.com
•PICS – ‘Photos’ on Chrome
•BACKUP – Dropbox
DATA STORAGE / USAGE
•Blog – Establishes me as ThoughtLeader
• Social Media (FB, Youtube)
•Google Hangout on Indiapost
AS AN AUTHOR
•My business IS the web - social media /digital
content / writing / editing / research / visual
•Marketing /Promoting self –
• Going social – Linkedin, Twitter & FB
• Going personal – Linkedin, Twitter and FB
•Website: www.thewordjockey.in (Google
analytics to measure performance)
AS A BUSINESS PERSON
•Technology like Webex
• Conference Calls
•First Mom’s Club on FMC
•Shop online – flipkart / babyoye.com
•Find babyfood recipes
•Tips/ Info online for schools/ toys
MAKING LIFE EASIER
•Security of kids - SuperLive Pro app
MAKING LIFE EASIER
•Shop for groceries on bigbasket.com
•Research home maintenance resources
like pest control online
•Maids and Bureaus
MAKING LIFE EASIER AS A HOMEMAKER
GBG India in 2014
Our Most Important Impact goal:
Real impact on real people and businesses via our communities.
GBG Success Stories Contest!
Are you using Google to do extraordinary things?
Has Google enabled you to grow your business or affect the lives of
those around you in a positive way?
Do you want your story shared around the world, perhaps even at
Google I/O 2014?
We would love to hear from you. Submit your success stories by June 1st
for a chance to be featured at Google I/O 2014.
What is the ultimate goal of the GBG Stories Contest?
● Inspire the next business or entrepreneur via real
● Document the largest pool of stories from the
communities of how technology has enabled them to
impact the growth of their business, creates social
impact, helps to create new companies or jobs.
GBG Success Stories Contest!
GBG Success Stories!
What would qualify as a business or startup
undergoing a transformation or success?
The main point here is the creative use of innovation and the potential it
has opened for the venture to grow. The more you express the impact in
numbers, e.g. x% increase in customers/downloads, x% increase in
revenue, x number of new jobs created, the better. However, we will mainly
consider the following criteria while evaluating the stories:
● Company: business vision & values
● Innovation: innovative ways of using the internet to deliver its product,
service and process. Use of Google products
● Potential: growth potential in terms of scale and impact
● Sustainability: viability of the business model
● Inspiration: the inspirational value to others
May 19 - June 1, 2014: Collecting stories for Google I/O
All stories submitted between now and June 1, 2014 might be considered to
be displayed at this year’s Google I/O in San Francisco!
June 15 - September 15, 2014: GBG Stories Contest open for
Independently whether your story will be considered for I/O or not, you will
have the chance to resubmit it for the official GBG Stories Contest until
September 15, 2014. T
he most impactful stories will be surfaced through local and global judging
panels consisting of Google internal and external specialists and will be
announced on November 30, 2014.
How will Google support GBG Women?
Enable more such events!
Train local GBG volunteers to support GBG Women on their various
Connect you with the ecosystem.
Help highlight your story of success to the world.
Are You a Black Belt
Networking is the key to success
,but are you doing it right ?
Where can you Network ?
• Internal Networking :- Spouse, kids, parents, relatives
• External Networking :- Friends, Customers, co-workers,
• Social Networking organizations: Religious communities,
NGO’s like Rotary, Lions, Giants
• Business Networking Groups : TIE, TIN, BNI, Dimensions,
Chambers of commerce.
• Online Networking : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,
• Online Meetup Groups, Meetup.com, Mera events,
Why do you have to Network ?
• Make Friends
• Make Business contacts
• Helping out for some solutions
• Looking for good vendors
• Job Change
How to become a Black Belt Networker Offline
• Dress to Impress.
• Two ears one mouth
• Sit with People you don’t know
• Speak to Someone standing alone
• Introduce your self in an interesting way.
• Business card with a recent & decent photo
• Pehle APP, let the person give his card or you ask him
• Don’t be a Las Vegas dealer
• It takes 3 times to make a solid connection.
• A great Whatsapp Contact ,send me a request on 9867800007
How to become a Black Belt Networker Online
• Facebook is the King , have a great cover page and a profile
picture. In High res
• Post relevant stuff, Engage with others
• Create a Twitter profile with a cover page and DP
• Create an instagram account
• An official domain name . I have sampathiyengar.com, and an
official email id, also shift to Gmail ID
• Your Mobile is the future for Social media
• Networking is a Process not a one off event.
• Don’t network in your own industry at a networking event.
• Focus on what you can do for others, understand their needs first.
• Better to connect to 4 to 5 people than to 50
• Never repeat Never think someone is Irrelevant
• Connect two like minded people and they will remember you
• Meet atleast one new person daily and attend one networking
meetup a week.