Evaluating and improving
adoptability of new f
d t bilit f farming
The adoptability tool
Rick Llewellyn, Geoff Kuehne
PREDICT - Producing a model-based tool and process to
predict likely rate and level of adoption for specific
y p p
practices and inform R,D & E strategies.
INFORM - Making adoptability knowledge and
considerations readily available, understandable and
applicable for R, D & E managers and practitioners.
ENGAGE - Collaborating with projects to assist with
development of adoptable technology packages
Who is involved?
Geoff Kuehne (CSIRO)
( ) 0.95
Rick Llewellyn (CSIRO) 0.20
Perry Dolling (DAFWA) 0.10
David Pannell (UWA) 0.05
Roger Wilkinson (VicDPI) 0.05
Allan Curtis (CSU) 0.05
Diana Federenko (DAFWA) 0.10
• Started April last year
• Concept version produced and tested with
potential end-users (09-10)
• V i 2 b ilt (J
Version built (June 2010)
• Use of version 2 in CRC projects (2010)
• Validated version of tool due mid 2011
• Concept tested as part of the GRDC Grain &
Graze 2 program development
p g p
• Used by GRDC project coordinators in 5 regions
(agronomists consultants farmer groups)
• Post-use evaluation with project coordinators
and funders (2 GRDC program managers)
So h t is
S what i it?
5 Pages data entry
To what extent can a farmer trial the innovation on their farm
before deciding to invest in full adoption?
1. Not trialable at all 5. Very easily trialable
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.