The key to effective marketing is understanding your buyer - that's where buyer persona's come in. Adele Revella, President of the Buyer Persona Institute shares her unique perspective on building
The key to effective marketing is understanding your buyer - that's where buyer persona's come in. Adele Revella, President of the Buyer Persona Institute shares her unique perspective on building great buyer personas.
At the end of the day, shaping your buyers vision begins and ends with you identifying your target buyer and target buyer persona. The foundation of great marketing and sales is understanding who this person is and what makes them tick. So, Adele there is ton of advice out there about how to identify and develop buyer personas. In our experience a most of it isn’t very useful. Why is that? What needs to be different?
That’s very interesting! So, what steps should our audience take to start developing “real”, insightful buyer personas?
I met with a potential customer of our the other day and they told me they had over 20 buyers personas and they wanted to understand what it was going to take to develop content for each of their personas! Adele, this s what you do. Do me favor. Settle this debate. How many persona’s do marketers really need to develop?
Ok. Let’s say we’ve got three buyer personas, how does that help to marketers on this call?
Image: purchased from istockphoto.com http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-12078901-nerd-in-retro-vest.phpYour target buyers have interests, problems, questions. Now that you know then. Speak to them. Be transparent. Hide nothing. Share insights. Create research. Answer questions before they ask. Tell amazing stories they can relate to. Make them laugh. Establish trust
Thank you all for spending the time. And if you have any additional questions, of course, you can email me at email@example.com or go to FullQuota.com.
1. IT’S TIME TOYOUR MARKETINGTRANSFORMWebinar: 5Steps toCreatingInsanelyAccurate BuyerPersonas
2. Source: Corporate Executive Board
4. Shapingyour buyer’svision at theof the salesprocess is SALESFUNNELVERYBEGINNINGCritical
7. Persona NameWhat’s wrong with this template?Industry / sizeGeographyAge, genderEducationGoalsChallengesReadsAttendsBuyer’s JourneyDiscover Learn Evaluate PurchasePhoto
8. Salespersuadesone buyerat a time.
9. Marketingpersuadesmarkets fullof buyers.
10. What makes thisproblem become anurgent priority for thisbuyer?What are thisbuyer‘sexpectationsfor success?What barriersprevent this buyerfrom choosing you?What processmakes it easy forthis buyerto choose you?What criteria thisbuyer uses tocompare options?Five Rings of Insight™
11. Buyer Personas Need to Focus on Buying Decisions!PhotoThe Priority That’s Triggering My Need for This Solution:This Initiative Will Be a Success If:What is Preventing Me From Making This Decision:What I’m Evaluating About Each of the Solutions I’m Considering:My Role in the Buying Process for This Solution:Persona NameMy Top Priorities Overall
12. Insights require probing questionsfirst
13. Ask for the Buyers’ storyTake me back to the daywhen you first started lookingfor a ________ solution.What happened?““
14. Similar insights? One personaCIO/VP of IT in all industriesCMO/Director of Marketing inHealthcareCMO or Director of Marketing inFinance
15. Buyer experts (aka…marketers) know …WHATWHOWHEREWHENHOWWHYBuyerExpertTo include in messaging & marketingcontentSales people & lead generation campaignsshould targetTo prioritize marketing investmentsBuyers will respond to sales people &campaignsTo focus on marketing efforts that impactbuyer’s choicesYour strategy has the highest potential toachieve your goals
16. Prepared by FullQuota on behalf of Microsoftmeaningfulrelevant
17. Prepared by FullQuota on behalf of Microsoft
19. You can do-it-yourselfFREE PERSONA DEVELOPMENT TOOLKITIncludes:
20. Or let us help you!PERSONA DEVELOPMENTWORKSHOP#getmybuyerpersonaFullQuota.com/GetMyBuyerPersonaReserve your spot today! Availability is limited.
21. .comARE YOU READY TOYOUR MARKETING?TRANSFORMCONTACT US TODAY AT