1. 1.IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE,DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OFREAL MEDIA PRODUCTS?
2. 2.HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATION OF YOURMAIN PRODUCT AND ANCILLARY TEXTS?
3. 3.WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM YOUR AUDIENCEFEEDBACK?
4. 4.HOW DID YOU USE MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INTHE CONSTRUCTION AND RESEARCH,PLANNING AND EVALUATION STAGES?
5. THE CDFor the CD I used four simple images taken with a CANON D700 (one of a hat ,headphones , Graffiti from a wall in central London and a CD that I own) I imported them into Photoshop. After adding all images into the disc image I set the layer property to “Screen” to give the illusion that the three images were actually on the disc. Also a bit of colour correction such as the “Curves” adjustment and the “Hue and Saturation” properties. It is important that the theme of the Cap and the headphones is kept to build a sense of familiarity and consistency throughout all the ancillary tasks and the music video. After the main images were dealt with, I added the artists’ name and the name of the album on the upper half Of the CD using the “Text” tool, using this CD image as a structure. I lowered the “opacity” of the text to make it blend in
6. INLAYThe inlay needed to be simple while still representing youth in a positive manner. For this I used a colourful eye catchingbackground with virtually no negative signs to show a positive representation of “happy” youth and stray away from the constantdemonization of them in the media and even by other youth artists (Most young Hip Hop/ Rap artists adhere to the typicalstereotypes in their music, strengthening the representation of “vile” youth due to the lack of colour) I added an image that would soon be on the magazine poster for continuity. However, both shots would be different. First I used a graffiti image for the background and added the “Cutout” effect in the “Filters” tab and increased all the sliders to their maximum. Then in a separate file, I used the “text” tool to create the word “Power” (to empower youth), 12cm put the cutout background on top and set the blending mode to “Screen”. Finally I brought that element into the main publication, duplicated it, changed the “overlay” to white and place it just above the main text. Then the main image. I enlarged the main image to create a medium shot as this type of shot was more 12cm fit for purpose. I then added the “Cutout” and “Colour Pencil” filters to it.
7. BACKIt was important to have either the cap or headphones in the image because one couldn’t be forgotten for theelement of consistency. The back need to be a complete colour contrast to the saturated front cover theimply the idea that there are two sides to young people, The front being the typical “Grey” demonized versionof youth and the back which is colourful, fun and vivid. The font is also consistent throughout all the texts. I added the song names and name of the artist using the “text” tool and faded the artist’s name as it was 3cm too intruding on the overall product. For the barcode, I downloaded an extra font called “Barcode” from www.dafont.com which gives out free copyright free fonts if they’re not used to make profit. The image of the cap had the background cut out using the “Pen” tool to eliminate the green background but keep the surface. I then flipped the image and lowered the “Opacity” to give the illusion of the cap of a reflective surface. I then used some colour correction (boosted 11.8cm the saturation levels in the “Hue And Saturation” tab in the colour correction menu and darkened the image with the “curves” adjustment to boost the contrast with the other colours. Finally I added some brush images using the “Brush” tool of leafs, stars 15cm and grass to keep the consistency (also the image of the record logo which I took from my old Usb as it was an image I made in GCSE ICT)
8. FRONTThe front cover was the basis for all the other ancillary texts. Everything in the others needed to include somefront the front cover to bring a sense of familiarity and genuine continuity that make people feel more enticedto buy. The mostly saturated front cover is supposed to contrast with the back giving a “genuine”representation of young people through a colourless front cover, however the hat and headphones are incolour to exemplify a “signal of hope” and that stereotypes are one dimensional and every young person isdifferent. The paint type effect is a variant of the “Brush” tool I used set to the colour black. I then put the image of the cap and headphones under the brush layer and boosted their saturation levels in the “Hue and Saturation” adjustment. I then added a “Curves” adjustment boosting the “Blue” colour channel in the “RGB” drop down menu. To finish off the main element, I set the brush layer to “Screen” to give the illusion of the two other images being painted on the cover. I then added the album name and 12cm artist name on the bottom right of the canvas and rotated them slightly (I took the name of the font as this would be a consistent font throughout all the ancillary texts which was “TW Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold”) For the album title to stand out more, I changed the colour to white and added a black “Stroke” in the layer properties and set the thickness to 3. Finally I chose some other variants of the “Brush” tool like the grass, stars and leafs 12cm and put them around the canvas and then added a “Bevel” to the entire canvas to create the spine.
9. MAGAZINE ADVERTI chose not to use my initial poster as the saturated colours weren’t very attractive to my target audience (Given to 10 people) Sothe theme needed to be changed drastically. I then decided to take a photo of some graffiti near central London to exemplify theView of creative young people making outstanding pieces of art that represent them. To start off with, I placed the model in a position on the canvas and resized it. I then added the image of the CD cover to the right of the canvas to let the audience know that this is an advertisement for an album. I then added some text at the top right using the “Text” tool to add some information about the album title and artist name. I also added text at the bottom of the canvas including information such as, release date, other singles included and the record website. I added the graffiti background behind the image of the model and boosted the saturation level using the “Hue And Saturation” tool. I then added a slight “Tint” effect to make the image of the model blend with the background. Finally, I used the “Brush” tool to create the grass and stars around the image to keep some consistency with the other ancillary texts (the main model is also wearing a pair of headphones) Finally for the grass above the release date information, I added a 5 colour “Gradient Map” to match the colours of the graffiti background. Initial Poster
10. MUSIC VIDEO
11. SHARING TECHNOLOGIES USED Used to easily order all the information and present them online. This is the easiest tool Used toFirst half of the audience for this and allows users to use a variety of communicate withFeedback for the third sources to post media products such as people for the musicQuestion as it is an efficient embedding videos, power point docs or video (such as importing Photoshop documents. Also very gathering them andWay to get feedback without intuitive to use. updating them on theWriting anything down dates of shooting Used to upload the music video and initial vox pops. A Used to upload power pointHalf of the Audience feedback for the third mainstream video sharing presentations to the web toQuestion of evaluation as this was then embed them into the site that works very well blog. Fast and easy andThe fastest way to gather feedback and also allows the allows flexible options forFrom a variety of sources quickly embedding option changing the documents.
12. SOFTWARE USED Used to stabilize track Creating ancillary texts motion and green screen Such as front cover or poster. (using key light 1.2) Also Top end industry software. adding specific transitionsAdobe After effects cs5.5 and effects to video. Adobe Photoshop cs5.1 Ordering Clips in cohesive order. Editing software with Adobe is the market leader for Advanced lip syncing Creating special types of media so Capabilities (greater I felt this was appropriate for Use for the waveform Ordering clips rather than Sony Vegas Audio)Adobe premier pro cs5.5 Sony Vegas Pro 12