Looking back at my preliminary task, what do I feel that I have learnt in the progression from it to the full product
Over the course of this production, I feel that I have builtMy technical skills to a higher standard. In my preliminaryTask, no effects were used on the main image. On the frontCover of the music magazine, I used the RGB split to strengthenThe message of the magazine (a mix) Also, the colour schemeOf my preliminary task had no correlation to the magazineAt all. I learnt from this and had the mix of colours on mixer magazineRepresent the mix of styles present inside. Almost everything on theFront cover of mixer has some sort of correlation to the actual styleOf the magazineI also learnt betterText placement. In thepreliminary task, the textdoesn’t seem to fight withthe name of the magazine. Inmixer I decided to make thecolours the same with thePuff and magazine title. Italso fits a lot better than onthe preliminary task. Finallythe fonts I used in thepreliminary task didn’t fit thepurpose of the magazine. Inmixer magazine, the fontsused reflect the cheerfulaura that the magazine istrying to give out. I believethat I captured this cheerfulfeeling throughout themagazine.
The contents page for my preliminary task wasextremely basic. It wasn’t very fitFor purpose and was difficult to read. It lack creativityand was very bland.The contents page for Mixer was a big improvement asit introduced the colourAnd excitement that the contents page for thepreliminary task lacked. Also the contents page formixer uses a variety of images whereas the contentspage for the school magazine uses one image. Also mytechnical skills improved as I was able to embed theimages into paint splatters on the contents page andcreate a colourful background that would grab theconsumers eye.