1. Pest Control Advice
for More Than Just Mice
Preserving the good and preventing the rest!
2. The Importance of Prevention
“The easiest, lowest cost, and often most reliable way to
avoid many pest problems is to provide a healthy
environment that discourages pest activities.”
- Utah State University
3. Common Household Pests:
4. 3 Steps to Get Rid of Mice (and more)
1. Clean up.
2. Seal up.
3. Pouch up.
5. Cleaning tips to prevent pests:
• Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are
drawn to deteriorating wood.
• Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and
five inches off the ground.
• Always drain dish water from a sink. Because roaches
can swim, a sink full of water might become the site of a
roach pool party
6. Tips to seal out pests:
• Check boxes and bags for insects and rodents before
bringing them into a home.
• Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home
including entry points for utilities and pipes.
• Caulking, wood, and metal flashing can all be used to
permanently seal off openings and never allow another
critter through them.
7. Tips to repel rodents and other pests:
• Rodents rely on their sense of smell – a scent based
repellent like Fresh Cab sends them running.
• Diatomaceous earth sprinkled wherever you see bugs will
prevent them from entering.
• White vinegar works as a great herbicide.
• Many herbs can help repel pests such as cayenne pepper
(ants), cloves (moths), and rosemary (fleas).
8. Rodent Control Methods Compared:
9. For more information on getting rid of rodents and
protecting your pets & family against dangerous
rodent control methods – visit our website