• MOOC stands for a Massive Open Online Course
• It is an online course aimed at large-scale participation and open (free)
access via the internet.
• They are similar to university courses, but do not tend to offer academic
• A number of web-based platforms (initiatives) supported by top universities
and colleges offer MOOCs in a wide range of subjects.
4. PURPOSE OF MOOCs
• MOOCs’ purpose is to add value to the education, in particular the learning
for the students, community, in order to maximize the social capital, while
driving down the total costs of education.
5. TYPES OF MOOCs
6. DISADVANTAGES & ADVANTAGES
•That if you have a question there are many other out
there ready to think about it, no matter what time of day
or what time zone.
• It is now creating an environment where faculty might
become more interested nd engaged with how they use
•Completion rates are low
•Face to Face interaction
•There is at least one instructor in a course MOOC
who lack experience as they’ve never taught online
9. MY FIELD OF INTEREST
10. MY FIELD OF INTEREST
• As I browsed through the courses what caught my was the course of Finance
• The topics that interested were Globalization andYou and Financial Analysis
of Entrepreneurial Ideas.
• These topics interest me as my first major is Business Studies which is
related to them.
11. HOW IT’S GOINGTO HELP ME
• MOOCs will assist me both on a personal and professional level because I’m
going to learn a lot.
• I’ll also get a great deal of knowledge equipping me with sufficient
information to pass to my learners
• It’s going to improve my teaching skills as I will learn a lot from my peers and