2. WHAT IS HAPTIC • It is a tactile feedback technology which takes advantage of the sense of touch byTECHNOLOGY? applying forces, vibrations, or motions to the user. • All of these things can be used to assist in the creation of virtual objects in a computer simulation, to control such virtual objects, and to enhance the remote control of devices and machines. • The word ‘haptic’ originally came from a Greek word which is ἅπτικός (haptikos). Which means pertaining to the sense of touch. • It also comes from the Greek verb ἅπτεσθαι haptesthai, meaning to contact or to touch.
3. HAPTIC • ‘The Haptic feedback is commonly usedFEEDBACK in arcade games, especially racing video games. • In 1976, Segas motorbike game Moto- Cross, also known as Fonz, was the first game to use haptic feedback which caused the handlebars to vibrate during a collision with another vehicle. • Tatsumis TX-1 introduced force feedback to car driving games in 1983.
4. PERSONAL • Back in 2008, Apple has startedCOMPUTERS incorporating a ‘Tactile Touchpad’ design into MacBook and MacBook Pro. It has button functionality and haptic feedback which is incorporated into the tracking surface. • Products such as Synaptics ClickPad followed thereafter.
5. HAPTIC • Game Controller;PRODUCTSEXAMPLES • Sega created the first game controller which is using haptic feedback in 1976. This is a significant development for the game industry since user can have real time experience playing games with the controller. Novint introduces the Falcon which creates a life like recoil. • http://hapticinterface.blogspot.com.au/ 2011/11/123.html
6. THANKS FOR By Frasier Cheng-BinnsVIEWING MYPRESENTATIONON HAPTICTECHNOLOGY