1. Planning and ImplementingSharePointFrancois Pienaar Francois.Pienaar@immix.co.zaTwitter: @fhpienaarPhilippe Morin Philippe@ecmplus.co.zaTwitter: @SharePointBrew
2. Introductions I’ll still kick your butt though… Just saying I LOVE SharePoint! Francois • Freakin serious about SharePoint bru! • Important guy atPhilippe IMMIX Solutions• Managing Member ECM + • 7.5• 8.5 years business experience in Development, con ECM and SharePoint figuration, manag• International conference ement, and attendee and speaker business• All around cool guy experience on SharePoint
3. Purpose of Today
4. What is SharePoint… seriously now?
5. Top Mistakes 1. Build it and they will come… Give them the tools and they’ll collaborate. 2. Buy Rolls Royce software butIno business drive for adoption. Why do feel so disconnected? 3. Content indexing and text search is fine. 4. Lousy site navigation. 5. No personalisation. 6. “Change management costs how much? No thanks, we’ll do training.”
6. How to look @ SharePoint?
7. Key Steps in Planning for SharePoint Understand SharePoint first – not a solution – it’s a shell The lay of the land – what are your objectives and requirements Saying “I want document management” is not a requirement, that is quoting functionality within SharePoint Understand the measurement criteria behind your requirements Finally…. map functionality to these objectives
8. Objectives Best Question: What are you trying to achieve? And Why? I know, we need Document Management!! For goodness sake… Why? For what purpose
9. ExampleBusiness Objective User ObjectiveIncrease Customer satisfaction Have pertinent information availablethrough lower call duration in the call all on one screen minimising my needcentre to go through multiple systemsPotential Functional Solution:Implement appropriate DM for specific content types in back-endUse search aggregation techniques to surface targeted contentBuild single portal interface with relevant content query web parts. In the solution we use the following SharePoint functional elements Document Management Search Audiences Targeting etc
10. Recap So why do we do business objective planning?
11. Over to you Francois
12. Purpose of this Session 1000ft “How To” Guide for
13. What I’ll be covering What is your Goal? Where do we Start? Mastering the HOW 5 Top Tips
14. What is your GOAL? Do you live life by CHOICE or live life by CHANCE?
15. Where do we Start? Content Type Definition Site Template Structure Selection User Roles Lists, Web Functionality Parts, Workfl Add-ins ow Search and other
16. Where do we Start? conte Document Type Definition nt