Sharepoint designer 2013 workflow custom activity make project server psi call
SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow custom
activity make project server PSI Call
Our Office Address:
Flexmind Solutions Private Limited
17 Main 7 Cross, BTM 2nd
Call the project server PSI in custom workflow activity built in SharePoint
Read the project name for a given project UID as input from Project server
2013 using PSI call.
Sharpeoint 2013 Workflow, Project server 2013 PSI, Sharepoint designer 2013 custom
Business needs to query Project server 2013 using PSI call and perform the read operation in the
workflow, or to perform any read write operation
1) Create the SharePoint 2013 empty solution
2) Add the new item to the solution Custom workflow
3) Add the project server exposed WCF client side code file.
4) After then add the custom code activity to the project, add the code as provided in the uploaded
The can be modified as per the requirement, or as per the required action to be performed
5) This activity have following input parameter
Project server URL
6) After writing the custom code activity, drop the activity in the workflow xaml file.
7) Configure the Action4 file with the required input and output argument
8) Create the Allowedtype.xml file
9) Deploy the solution.
10) After then perform the below mention steps to deploy and configure the assembly in workflow
1. Copy the assembly and the AllowedTypes.xml file into the following path locations:
• %ProgramFiles%Workflow Manager1.0WorkflowArtifacts
• %ProgramFiles%Workflow Manager1.0WorkflowWFWebRootbin
2. Restart the Workflow Manager engine (that is, the Workflow Manager Backend service).
3. To make the custom activity available in SharePoint 2013, copy the assembly into the GAC of all the
involved SharePoint servers.
4. Add the .actions4 file to the path SharePoint15_RootTEMPLATELanguage LCIDWorkflow.
5. Restart Internet Information Services (IIS) (execute an IISReset).
6. Clean the client-side cache of SharePoint Designer 2013.