Because the animals were treated so badly decided to create, in 27th January 1978, the
“Universal Declaration of Animals Rights”. It is used to defend its rights, that are usually
All the animals born equal and have the same rights to existence.
1. Every animal has the right to be respected.
2. The man, like a animal species, can’t attribute him the right to exterminate the other
animals or to exploit them, in violation of that right. He has the obligation to put his
knowledge to the animals.
3. All the animals have the right to attention, care and protection of man.
1. No animal will be subjected to bad manners or even cruel acts.
2. If the death of an animal is necessary, it must be instantaneous, painless and not generate
1. Every animal that belongs to a wild species has the right to live free in its natural
environment, land, air or water, and to reproduce.
2. Any deprivation of liberty, including some that have educational purposes, is opposed this
1. Every animal that belongs to a species that live traditionally in contact with man, has the
right to live and to grow with the conditions of life and freedom that be appropriate of its
2. Any modification of that rhythm or conditions, which is imposed by man with commercial
purposes, is opposed this right.
1. Every animal that man has chosen as a friend, has the right to the duration of its life be
according to their natural longevity.
2. The abandonment of a animal is cruel and degrading act.
1. Every animal that work has the right to a reasonable limit of time and intensity of work, an
adequate food and rest.
1. An animal experimentation that involve a physical and psychological suffering isn’t
compatible with the animals rights, whether they be medical, scientific, commercial or any
other kind of experimentation.
2. The experimental and alternatives techniques must be used and developed.
1. When an animal is bred for human food, it must be fed, housed and transported, like
sacrificed without that with those acts result pain or anxiety.
1. Animals mustn’t be exploited for human entertainment.
2. Animals exhibitions and shows that made use of animals, aren’t compatibles with animal
1. Any act that causes the death of an animal, without necessity, is a crime against life.
1. Every act that causes the death of a large number of wild species is genocide, that is, a
crime against the species.
2. The contamination and destruction of the natural environment lead to genocide.
1. A death animal must be treating with respect.
2. Violent scenes in which animals are the victims, should be forbidden in the cinema and in
the television, except if these scenes are meant to show the attacks against animals rights.
1. The organisms of protection and safeguard of the animals must be represented at
2. Animals rights must be defended by law, like are human rights.