Be the first to like this
The Channel Metrics series is the most detailed and up-to-date guide to distribution trends in consumer financial and professional services in the UK available on a published basis. It covers 20 separate retail financial products and services, plus legal services, giving it a unique level of detail and information on products that are ignored elsewhere.
It analyses: how consumers acquire these products and services - e.g. online, telephone, post or in person; from whom they acquire them - e.g. direct from the provider, through brokers or affinity schemes; and how often they acquire them - i.e. how many consumers acquired a product in the last year, either for the first time or by switching provider instead of renewing or carrying on with an existing product.
Findings from this survey, which represents trends in 2011, are compared with those from 2005, 2007 and 2009 to show trends over time. Each of the 20 products or services is covered by its own briefing, while an overview report features them all plus additional, comparative analysis of distribution trends.
Overall, the Channel Metrics series offers detailed and unique insights into trends in usage of distribution interfaces and channels across 20 distinct financial or professional products and services - with a dedicated briefing having been produced for each - as follows:
Car and home
Breakdown recovery insurance
Home emergency insurance
Life and health
Health / hospital cash plans
Personal accident insurance
Private medical insurance
Annual travel insurance
Single-trip travel insurance
Key questions addressed by the research include the following:
- is customer loyalty on the decline?
- have online aggregators reached their limit for motor and household insurance, and can they sell products such as life insurance and mortgages effectively?
- what is the impact of cashback websites?
- what is the ‘brand stretch’ of commercial partners? Which products can a supermarket sell? Does the Post Office brand and branch ‘footprint’ work for all products?
- what financial products are still sold face-to-face, and why has this increased for prepaid cards?
- what are the distribution trends for rarely-researched products such as breakdown recovery and home emergency insurance?
Channel Metrics: Consumer Distribution Trends in UK Financial and Professional Services is based on the results of an online survey of 1,000 consumers per product or service undertaken during November and December 2011.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and series prospectus by clicking on the links at the top of this page, or access one or more of the 20 web pages specific to the 20 products and services covered by