Big Data as a Service
11:50 A.M. – 12:35 P.M.
• Chris Layton, HPC Systems Administrator, National Center for
Computational Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
• Xavier Hughes, Chief Innovation Officer, Dept. of Labor
• Dr. Dave Bauer, Chief Scientist, Data Tactics
• John Kreisa, VP of Strategic Marketing, Horton Work
• Moderator: Toan Do, Director, Intelligence Programs, Red Hat
Daniel Ricciuto (left) and Peter Thornton (right) using the Exploratory Data analysis ENvironment
(EDEN) to visually explore multiple Community Land Model (CLM) simulation data sets. In
particular, Ricciuto and Thornton are analyzing sensitivities in the Amazonia region using the
interactive visual analytics in EDEN on EVEREST's Planar display.
Chad Steed using EDEN on EVEREST to explore 1000
CLM4 simulations (81 parameters and 7 output variables) on the previous
version of the EVEREST display wall.
Big & open data provides an opportunity for external
partners to help meet our mission and goals.
Triumph through crowd-sourcing. Innovation though collaboration.