1. Selecting and Constructing photography for the music magazine
2. I looked at a series of websites to find appropriate professional photography that I could use in my magazine. This is because: I need to have lots of options for what to use in the magazine. I need to have plenty of variety that helps to represent my music scene accurately.
3. I like this image because it is not overly serious and there is a comedic side to it, compared to other professional images. This particular image could be used for a double page spread on the band, withDisplay Photo HereDisplay Photo Here this image taking up one side. It would influence the design of the page by making it a lot more upbeat. The props used in this image are the teacups and saucers, and also the umbrellas.
4. I like this one because there is a direct mode of address from the model. Also it is a less serious looking image as she is smiling. It could be used for the front cover of a magazine that’s main focus was this person,Display Photo HereDisplay Photo Here or part of a double page spread. It would influence the design of the page by bringing a cheery atmosphere to it, instead of being serious.
5. I like this image because it is not what you would usually see on or in a magazine. It could be used on the inside of the magazine for an article of the artist. It would influence the design of the page by giving it aDisplay Photo HereDisplay Photo Here much more serious and dark feel.
6. I like this one because it It could be used across It would goes against the typical a double page spread in influence the conventions of a the magazine about design of the magazine picture, and the artists. page by is a lot more unusual. bringing a lot more of an unusual feel yet happy feel. Display Photo Here Display Photo Here
7. I like this one because It could be used for a It would the colours of the double page spread on influence the photograph are very the artist design of the prominent and bright, page by but also the band bringing a members are openly much less spaced. seen image type to the magazine The props used in this image are the table and the Display Photo Here Display Photo Here chairs that the band members are sat on.
8. Delete the slides from this point once you are ready to upload this powerpoint
9. Photography useful for a Photography useful for a front page might be: contents page might be: Artists in dramatic poses that ‘Mugshots’ of the editor for focus on their character. the editorial ‘Pop-up’ figures that are cut ‘Framing images’ that help to out at the bottom create a shape that the Unusual designs that can be contents can work around used as album covers and Close-ups of instruments, adjusted in Photoshop clothing etc for features with Close-ups and medium close- a special focus ups for secondary leads More band and artist shots Live shots, stage shots and Drawings and designs that poster-style shots represent artists / ideas Backgrounds and textures Unusual designs that can be used as album covers and adjusted in Photoshop
10. Photography useful for a ‘Framing images’ that help to double page might be: create a shape to work around Shot series’ that show Drawings and designs that various poses and represent artists / ideas expressions Artists in dramatic poses that Wide angle shots that help to focus on their character. create mood / atmosphere and highlight setting Unusual designs that can be used as album covers and Long, loosely framed shots adjusted in Photoshop making maximum use of mise en scene Close-ups and medium close- ups for secondary leads Fun or story-relevant inset shots of the artists Live shots, stage shots and poster-style shots Many of those also relevant for the other pages such as… Backgrounds and textures
11. Professional Photographer - http://www.professionalphotographer.co.uk/ BIPP (British Institute of Professional Photography) - http://www.bipp.com/ A Google A Google BJP (British Journal of Photography) - image search image search http://www.bjp-online.com/ for ‘Photo for ‘Photo Ami Barwell (Rock n’ Roll Photographer) - Shoot’ with the Shoot’ with the http://www.musicphotographer.co.uk/ word word Graham Smith (Music Photographer) - Rock/Indie/Pun Rock/Indie/Pun http://www.grahamsmithphotography.com/ kketc. in front etc. in front Michael Williams (Photographer) - of it can also of it can also provide good provide good http://www.michaelwilliams.co.uk/ results. results. Dazed (& Confused) Digital - http://www.dazeddigital.com/Music/Default.aspx
12. CG Textures - http://www.cgtextures.com/ Filter Forge - http://www.filterforge.com/ Mayang - http://mayang.com/textures/ Free Textures - http://www.freetextures.org/ Texture King - http://www.textureking.com/ Background Labs - http://www.backgroundlabs.com/ Vector Art (geometric shapes which can be used for graphic features) - http://vectorart.org/ How to make vector art - http://www.melissaclifton.com/tutorial- vector.html
13. 99 best designed album covers - http://inspiredology.com/99-best-designed- album-covers/ Top album covers - http://www.topalbumcovers.com/ Top 50 album covers - http://www.ugo.com/music/best-album- covers