UNIT –A-CHAPTER SEVENLESSON ONEA GROUP OF JINNBELIEVE IN THEQURAN.
• To learn the message in Surat-ul-Jinn verses[1-7]• To learn the general meaning of the Surah, Ayat 1-7 andmemorize them.• To learn the definition and nature of jinn.• Learn the different types of jinn.Learning Objectives:
• 1. Say (O Muhammad ): "It has been revealed to me that a group(from three to ten in number) of jinns listened (to this Quran). Theysaid: Verily! We have heard a wonderful Recital (this Quran)!• 2. It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and weshall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allah).• 3. And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither awife, nor a son (or offspring or children).• 4. And that the foolish among us [i.e. Iblis (Satan) or the polytheistsamongst the jinns] used to utter against Allah that which was wrongand not right.• 5. And verily, we thought that men and jinns would not utter a lieagainst Allah.• 6. And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter withthe masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them(mankind) in sin and disbelief.• 7. And they thought as you thought, that Allah will not send anyMessenger (to mankind or jinns).
The SummaryA group of jinn passed by Prophet Muhammed (SAW) as he wasleading his companions in Fajr prayer. When they heard the Qur’anand they stopped and listened to it. Then they returned to theirpeople and said, “We have just heard an amazing recitation…” ThenAllah revealed to His Messenger, Say: It has been revealed to me,that a group of jinn heard me reciting the Qur’an and they wentand told their people, We have just heard an amazing recitation.’
This Surah shows that even jinn reject the claims of Iblees,who tries his best to confuse people. He causes peopleand jinn to disbelieve in Allah and to worship false godsand idols. The shayateen encourage others to committerrible kufr and shirk and to believe blatant lie.
• Allah and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) taughtMuslims how to protect themselves from the harmof evil jinn.• 1. Keep a close relationship with Allah.• 2. Read Al-Qur’an on daily basis.• 3. Practice thikr, or remembrance of Allah, everyday.• The above good deeds will help us to keep the eviljinn far away inshaAllah.How can a Muslim protecthimself and his family fromthe evil jinn?
• Q1. What are the jinn?• Q2. What are they made of?• Q3. How can you protect yourself fromthe evil jinn?
• You have a friend who is fooled by the work ofmagicians, and he is curious about how they dotheir magic. Write a letter to your friendexplaining how magicians may do their magic.• Prepared by Mrs. Faryal Mateen