Id like to take the topic of the role of a purser and briefly break down the procedures and responsibilities in the cabin related to customer service and safety.
It can be broken down in to 3 phases
Preflight. This is the time where it is important to get organized and get all your ducks in a row, so to speak. Check your emergency and safety equipment for proper operation, and expiration dates. Possibly prepare a menu, obtain a trip sheet to get trips details. Complete a cabin asset checklist.
Know your cabin.
1. CABIN SERVICE and SAFETY PROCEDURES<br />
2. 3 STEPS<br />PRE FLIGHT<br />INFLIGHT SERVICE AND SAFETY<br />LANDING<br />
3. PRE FLIGHT<br />GET ORGANIZED!!!!!<br /><ul><li>Know your cabin
4. Know aircraft equipment and its limitations
5. Know your own limits on passenger behavior
6. Be aware of regulatory requirements
7. Establish passenger and crew safety</li></li></ul><li>CABIN EQUIPMENT AND OPERATION<br />