1. Elements of Human skills<br /><ul><li>Basics of Human Nature</li></ul>Human skills involve the ability to work well with other people both individually and in group. <br />Because managers deal directly with people, this skill is crucial! Managers with good human skills are able to get the best out of their people. They know how to communicate, motivate, lead, and inspire enthusiasm and trust. <br />Human nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics, including ways of thinking, feeling and acting, that humans tend to have naturally.<br />Individual Differences (ID)<br />There is always diversity among people. There are two dimensions of ID.<br /><ul><li>Primary Dimensions – These are throughout our life.
2. It includes age, gender, nationality and physical and mental ability.
3. Secondary Dimensions – these are personal charactereistcs that people acquire or modify throughout their life.
4. It includes family status, education,work experience, organisational role, work styke , communication style and attitudes.
5. Features of Individual differnces</li></ul>Quantitaive – people differs quntitatively.<br />Eg –we cant say that one person has height and another lacks it.<br />Continous -- there is no sharp differnce but continous.<br />Eg – if 6 ft man is tall and 5 ft one short, what about those in between ?<br /><ul><li>Biographical differences</li></ul>Age – <br /> 1.In the US law, there is prohibition of compulsory retirement at the age of 70.<br />2.More younger people are occupying mid level positions.<br />3.Older employee is less likely to resign.<br />4.Younger workers are more likely to remain absent.<br />5.Productivity declines with the age.<br />6.Job satisfaction increases with the age<br />Gender –<br /><ul><li>There is no clear evidence to show that male and female differs in terms of abilities like problem solving, analytical learning or sociability.
6. Males are having mechanical ability while femals are having verbal ability.
7. Males are more active while females are likely to have expectation of success.
8. But this wont affect job performance of male or female.
9. Women remain absent more because they are having family responsibilties.
10. Our Indian women doesn’t desire to work after marriage.
11. There is always a discrimination for pay and promotions of female over male</li></ul>Education –<br /><ul><li>Companies are training employees who lack basic educational skills.
12. Even engineers and other high tech personnel need to upgrade their knowlegde.
13. We have labour force which is over qualified,thus creating underemployment.
14. This leads to low motivation and no job satisfaction.
15. Eg – MBA declined highly attractive job offers.