2. TWO CHALLENGES FACING ALL GENERATIONS 2 Health & Freedom Are you as financially healthy as you want to be? 1 FINANCES Are you as physically healthy as you want to be? 2 HEALTH
3. 3 Health & Freedom Do you have enough quality time for yourself, family, and friends? Can you afford the lifestyle you want? WHAT IS YOUR FINANCIAL REALITY? TODAY’S FINANCIAL REALITY 1 Countless numbers of people lie awake at night worrying about money-related issues. <ul><li>Most people are living paycheque to paycheque </li></ul><ul><li>Total outstanding credit card debt grew to $886 billion US from $680 billion US between 2000 and 2006 and is projected to reach $1.177 US trillion by 2010 1 </li></ul><ul><li>Many people work four to six months a year just to pay taxes </li></ul><ul><li>__________________________ </li></ul><ul><li>U.S. Department of Commerce, 2009 </li></ul>
4. THE POWER OF A USANA HOME-BASED BUSINESS 4 Health & Freedom “ The light at the end of the tunnel… is the financial opportunity that starting your own business offers. Every North-American taxpayer who works a full-time job and does not have a side business is probably overpaying taxes to the tune of $3,000 to $9,000 a year!” — Sandy Botkin, former IRS tax attorney, CPA, founder of TRI <ul><ul><ul><li>No employees </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>No boss, no set hours, no set workplace </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>High income potential </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Potential tax advantages </li></ul></ul></ul>________________________________________________________ “ Half of all U.S. businesses are home based.” —U.S. Census Bureau
5. NETWORK MARKETING HAS COME OF AGE 5 Health & Freedom “ I think network marketing has come of age. It’s become undeniable that it’s a viable way to entrepreneurship and independence for millions of people.” — Dr. Stephen R. Covey, Interview in Network Marketing Lifestyles <ul><li>In 2007, nearly 63 million people worldwide were involved in network marketing. 1 </li></ul><ul><li>Retail revenue has surpassed $114 billion US. 1 </li></ul><ul><li>North American sales have reached over $34 billion US. 2 </li></ul><ul><li>www.dsa.org </li></ul><ul><li>www.wfdsa.org </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>Higher quality products </li></ul><ul><li>A generous percentage of profits from product sales </li></ul><ul><li>Time leveraged, residual income </li></ul><ul><li>Low start-up costs </li></ul><ul><li>No inventory required </li></ul><ul><li>An international business you can operate from home </li></ul>THE BENEFITS OF NETWORK MARKETING 6 Health & Freedom WHAT IS YOUR HEALTH REALITY? What Network Marketing Can Offer You:
7. TODAY’S HEALTH REALITY 7 Health & Freedom The World’s Leading Causes of Premature Deaths Are Degenerative Diseases: • Cardiovascular Disease (17 million*) • Cancer (8.6 million*) • Stroke (5.5 million*) • Respiratory Disease (3.7 million*) • Diabetes (990,000*) *Annually 2 ________________________________ 33% of children born in America today are expected to develop Type 2 Diabetes. For Black and Hispanic children, the number jumps to 50%.
8. IF YOUR CELLS ARE HEALTHY, YOU ARE HEALTHY 8 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Our health starts with the health of our cells. </li></ul><ul><li>Proper nutrition is essential to maintaining cellular health. </li></ul><ul><li>Nutrients and antioxidants give our cells the boost they need to win the fight against free radicals caused by stress, radiation, toxins, and pollution. </li></ul>ARE YOUR CELLS RECEIVING THE NUTRITION THEY NEED TO FIGHT FREE RADICALS? Damaged cells after adding digested products from a typical fast-food meal Similar cells when oxidation defense mechanisms are included Healthy human cells in culture
9. AM I RECEIVING THE NUTRIENTS I NEED? ARE WE USING SUPPLEMENTATION AS A SOLUTION? <ul><li>A USDA survey of 16,000 Americans found not one person obtained 100 percent of essential nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin E, and zinc. 1 </li></ul><ul><li>Children and adolescents also did not obtain enough essential nutrients such as folate, vitamin C, and calcium. 2 </li></ul><ul><li>Nutrition Today </li></ul><ul><li>USDA Nutrition Assistance Program Report Series CN-01-CDI </li></ul>9 Health & Freedom To get the recommended 400 International Units (IU) of vitamin E every day, you could take one daily dose of the USANA Essentials™ supplement or consume several servings of foods rich in vitamin E: TO OBTAIN 400 IU FOOD Wheat germ (vitamin E fortified) Almonds (dry roasted, without salt) Spinach (cooked, boiled, drained, w/o salt) Safflower Oil CUPS 13.8 7.5 72.6 3.6 POUNDS 3.5 2.3 28.8 1.7
10. NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS 10 Health & Freedom “ Most health supplements fall far short of meeting the nutritional needs of the body’s cells.” — Dr. Myron Wentz, USANA Founder & Chairman Are You Getting What You Pay For? In a recent study, researchers discovered that more than half (54 per cent) of the nutritional supplements tested did not disintegrate properly. This study illustrates that disintegration, one basic indicator of product quality, is still a concern for dietary supplements. 1 1. J. Pharm Pharmaceut Sci ( www.cspsCanada.org ) 9(1):40-49 “ Nearly two-thirds of American adults take dietary supplements.” — www.ipsos-na.com , September 2006
11. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES – ONE MAN’S VISION 11 Health & Freedom • Myron Wentz, Ph.D., Microbiology, Immunology Utah Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2003 Recipient of the Albert Einstein Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Life Sciences, June 25, 2007 • Gull Laboratories Founded 1972 World Leader in human-cell culture and medical-diagnostic technologies Developed the first commercially available test kit for the Epstein-Barr virus • Expert in Growing Cells Understands the nutritional requirements for the human cell • Shift in Research From disease diagnostics to health maintenance Vision of USANA To manufacture the highest quality, science-based products that people can trust—what is on the label is what is in the bottle – providing maximum bioavailability for better health around the world and giving everyone the opportunity for a better quality of life. • Founded USANA Health Sciences in 1992
12. THE USANA DIFFERENCE 12 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Voluntarily follows current Good Manufacturing Practices used by pharmaceutical industry </li></ul><ul><li>100% potency guarantee </li></ul><ul><li>Athlete guarantee </li></ul><ul><li>Superior ingredients </li></ul><ul><li>Balanced, science-based formulas </li></ul><ul><li>Accredited team of scientific experts </li></ul><ul><li>Exceptional in-house manufacturing </li></ul>
13. NUTRITIONALS YOU CAN TRUST™ 13 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Olivol ® — USANA’s exclusive patented olive-fruit extract* </li></ul><ul><li>Most comprehensive, precisely balanced supplement </li></ul><ul><li>Unmatched number of antioxidants </li></ul><ul><li>Nutrition for all generations </li></ul><ul><li>*Patented in the United States. US Patent No. 6,358,542 or 6,361,803 </li></ul>“ With over 1,500 nutritional supplements evaluated, USANA’s Essentials continue to set the gold standard, earning the NutriSearch Gold Medal of Achievement™ for proven product excellence.” — Lyle MacWilliam, Bsc, MSc, FP former Canadian Member of Parliament and Member of the Legislative Assembly for British Columbia
14. OPTIMIZE YOUR HEALTH 14 Health & Freedom • Optimizers – specialized products for your individual needs • HealthPak ™ – AM/PM pouches for your convenience
15. 15 Health & Freedom
16. USANA’S HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES 16 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Low glycemic </li></ul><ul><li>A balanced approach to nutrition </li></ul><ul><li>Great-tasting bars and drinks for convenient snacks and meal replacements </li></ul><ul><li>Reduce carb cravings and help maintain a healthy weight </li></ul>“ As an Olympic athlete, I always try to stay in shape, and one thing that helps me do that is sticking to a healthy diet with USANA Foods.” — Jennifer Azzi, Olympic Gold Medalist and former NCAA champion
17. RESET ™ WEIGHT-MANAGEMENT PROGRAM 17 Health & Freedom TRANSFORM MAINTAIN <ul><li>Replace two meals with Nutrimeal ™ </li></ul><ul><li>Eat one USANA ® bar for a snack </li></ul><ul><li>Eat one healthy, low-glycemic meal and one low-glycemic snack </li></ul><ul><li>Replace one meal with Nutrimeal ™ </li></ul><ul><li>Eat one USANA ® bar for a snack </li></ul><ul><li>Eat two healthy, low-glycemic meals and one low-glycemic snack </li></ul>It is suggested that you take these products to your physician and secure his/her advice if you intend to change your diet, begin an exercise program, are pregnant or lactating, have allergies, are taking medications, or are under the care of a physician. Results are not typical. The average weight loss with RESET is 4.5–5 lbs. In five days. before after “ I feel a lot healthier. It feels good to be able to do pull-ups and actually run. I feel more alive.” — Vern Lapuz Jr. lost 70 pounds
18. SENSÉ BEAUTIFUL SCIENCE ® 18 Health & Freedom Patented Self-Preserving Technology in a Revolutionary Skin- and Personal-Care System • Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles • Reduces uneven skin tone and texture • Proven technology that reduces the appearance of aging • Rejuvenates the skin • Keeps your complexion looking radiant
19. SENSÉ – CLINICALLY TESTED, CLINICALLY PROVEN 19 Health & Freedom When used together as a system, Sensé ™ skin care is proven to make skin look younger, healthier – beautiful. You could see visible results in as little as two weeks.
20. ATHLETE APPROVED: WORLD-CLASS ATHLETES TRUST USANA 20 Health & Freedom “ USANA ® products allowed me to fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming an Olympic champion.” — Derek Parra, 2002 Olympic gold medalist & world record holder in speedskating “ In USANA, the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has found a manufacturer that not only meets the Tour’s rigorous anti-doping standards, but one that is also willing to back it up with an athlete guarantee.” — Larry Scott, Chairman and CEO of Sony Ericsson WTA Tour “ USANA’s products help ensure that I maintain optimal health and sustain my energy levels as a professional skier.” — Jennifer Heil, 2006 Olympic gold medalist & four-time World Cup Champion “ Without the help of USANA’s products, I could never have summitted Mt. Everest.” — Warner Berger, Canadian businessman, oldest North American to ever summit Mt. Everest
21. DOCTOR APPROVED 21 Health & Freedom Peter W. Rugg, M.D., FACEP Bart Moore, M.D., MPH, FAAFP Ray Strand, M.D., Author Monica Lewis, M.D., ChB, Family Practice, Author Wen Chi Wu, M.D. Heather Tick, M.D., Integrative Medicine, Author “ I love the integrity of the people who are doing research for us in USANA… I have been impressed with the results I have seen with friends, patients, and my own family.” — Christine Wood, M.D., Pediatrics, Author For a period of 10 years USANA’s products are listed in the Physicians’ Desk Reference (PDR) and Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS). USANA is involved in a 10-year partnership to provide financial assistance to the Linus Pauling Institute, giving a radical boost to the research abilites of both organizations.
22. “ I dream of a world free from pain and suffering. I dream of a world free from disease. The USANA family will be the healthiest family on earth. Share my vision. Love life, and live it to its fullest in happiness and health.” — Dr. Myron Wentz, Founder and Chairman, USANA Health Sciences , microbiologist, immunologist, philanthropist, and author ONE MAN’S VISION 22 Health & Freedom HELP SHARE THE VISION
23. — Dr. Denis Waitley, Trainer of Super Bowl and Olympic athletes, Apollo astronauts, and Fortune 500 executives; motivational speaker; and author USANA IS THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE 23 Health & Freedom “ USANA has my vote because they combine the grandest vision and the power of teamwork with the best products. They have the most integrity and forward-thinking leadership of all the top multinational corporations that I have worked with. You owe it to yourself to look deeper into this exciting opportunity.” WHY USANA’S COMPENSATION PLAN HAS BEEN THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE FOR 10 YEARS USANA HAS BEEN VOTED THE #1 DISTRIBUTOR CHOICE COMPANY BY NETWORK MARKETING TODAY & THE MLM INSIDER MAGAZINE FROM 1997-2008.
24. SIX WAYS TO EARN INCOME WITH USANA 24 Health & Freedom $121,125 is the average annual income for established, full-time USANA Associates. $33,203 is the average annual income for Associates who earn as few as one commission cheque a month. Total includes all earnings from the compensation plan, Leadership Bonus, and contests and incentives. Calculations based on earnings between February 2008 and January 2009. Figures should not be considered as guarantees or projections of actual earnings, which result only from consistent, successful sales efforts. To be considered in a rank’s earnings, Associates must have earned cheques at a median rank for at least 16 weeks. The number of Gold Directors and above who have maxed at least 1 Business Centre during the year equals less than 1% of all Associates. Those earning as little as one cheque a month equal approximately 3% of all Associates. The average annual income for all 158,934 USANA Associates, including those who are brand new or who are not actively building a business, is $881.43, with nearly one in three earning a cheque. To date, USANA has more than 130 Million Dollar Club members. 1 Retail Sales Earn profits on the difference between wholesale and retail. 2 Weekly Commissions Earn a starting commission up to 20% from your customers and sales volume of your team. 3 Matching Bonus Receive up to 100% matching bonus for 8 months (32 weeks) on the sales volume of Associates you enroll who become Platinum PaceSetters. 4 Incentives Be rewarded with luxury travel, prizes, and even extra cash through USANA’s generous incentive programs. 5 Leadership Bonus Participate in USANA’s 3% worldwide weekly bonus pool. 6 Elite Bonus Enrich your income with USANA’s 1% quarterly bonus shared among the top 25 income earners. USANA currently pays an average of 53% of sales volume in commissions and incentives!
25. THE POWER OF THE USANA COMPENSATION PLAN 25 Health & Freedom YOU <ul><li>Creates competition rather than teamwork </li></ul><ul><li>Commissions paid monthly </li></ul><ul><li>No carryover volume </li></ul><ul><li>Group sales requirement </li></ul><ul><li>Paid on and limited to levels </li></ul>Challenges of Traditional Networking YOU BC001 *Unpaid sales volume up to 5,000 points carries over each week provided you remain active <ul><li>Based on the Power of Two </li></ul><ul><li>Commissions paid weekly </li></ul><ul><li>Unpaid volume carries over each week* </li></ul><ul><li>No group sales requirement </li></ul><ul><li>Not limited to levels </li></ul><ul><li>Average people are succeeding </li></ul>USANA Networking Figure 1 JILL BOB
26. CARRYOVER = 1,500 LEFT – 500 RIGHT Total Commission = $570. 3,500 GSV pts 2,500 GSV pts – 2,000 GSV pts –2,000 GSV pts 1,500 GSV pts 500 GSV pts USANA COMPENSATION PLAN 26 Health & Freedom Figure 2 RIGHT 250 500 1,000 2,000 3,000 4,000 5,000 57 142 285 570 855 1,140 1,425 LEFT 250 500 1,000 2,000 3,000 4,000 5,000 You Earn Commissions* *Commissions are earned based on the sales of your organization. † Group Sales Volume up to 5,000 points may be carried over. Weekly Payout Schedule Payout will be based on CAN Dollars GROUP SALES COMMISSION IN VOLUME POINTS CANADIAN DOLLARS Refer to page 24 for the Average Income Disclaimer 001 RIGHT SIDE 001 LEFT SIDE YOU BC 001 JILL BOB Figure 3 Carryover †
27. USANA COMPENSATION PLAN 27 Health & Freedom Figure 4 001 RIGHT SIDE 001 LEFT SIDE UPLINE RE-ENTRY YOUR RE-ENTRY Preferred Customers or PSP for Retail Orders Preferred Customers or PSP for Retail Orders Preferred Customers and Re-entries JILL BOB When You Help Others Succeed, You Succeed YOU BC 001 YOU
28. Share amounts increase cumulatively for each successive leadership ranking (i.e. Gold=1 Share, Ruby=3 Shares (1+2); Emerald=6 Shares (1+2+3), etc.) *More information can be obtained by clicking on “Policies & Procedures” at USANAtoday.com Hypothetical Earnings At $263.63 Per Share WEEKLY EARNINGS WITH A 3% LEADERSHIP BONUS 28 Health & Freedom Refer to page 24 for the Average Income Disclaimer GOLD DIRECTOR RUBY DIRECTOR EMERALD DIRECTOR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 1-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 2-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 3-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 4-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 5-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 6-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 7-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 8-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 9-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR 10-STAR DIAMOND DIRECTOR RANK #BCs WEEKLY MINIMUM SHARES Bonus Total Commission 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1 3 6 10 15 21 28 36 45 55 66 78 91 105 $263 $790 $1,581 $2,636 $3,954 $5,536 $7,381 $9,490 $11,863 $14,499 $17,399 $20,562 $23,989 $27,680 $1,688 $3,640 $5,856 $8,336 $11,079 $14,086 $17,356 $20,890 $24,688 $28,749 $33,074 $37,662 $42,514 $47,630 $1,425 $2,850 $4,275 $5,700 $7,125 $8,550 $9,975 $11,400 $12,825 $14,250 $15,675 $17,100 $18,525 $19,950
29. <ul><li>Keeping Your Business Centres Active: </li></ul><ul><li>1 Business Centre = 100 Personal Sales Volume Points every four weeks* </li></ul><ul><li>Multiple Business Centres = 200 Personal Sales Volume Points every four weeks* </li></ul>USANA ASSOCIATES GENERATE INCOME 29 Health & Freedom <ul><li>The Power of Autoship: </li></ul><ul><li>10% off wholesale prices </li></ul><ul><li>Creates convenient repeat business </li></ul><ul><li>Product orders shipped automatically to you and your customers every four weeks </li></ul><ul><li>Increased product sales = increased income </li></ul><ul><li>*Personal Sales Volume Points are produced through sales to your customers and include products purchased for your personal consumption. </li></ul>
30. Business Development System FOUR SIMPLE STEPS 30 Health & Freedom 1 Refer to page 24 for the Average Income Disclaimer *Not including bonuses or re-entries. Figure 5 1 Business Centre Earning Potential $74,000/YR CAN* Direct Income from Group Sales Volume 001 RIGHT SIDE 001 LEFT SIDE YOU BC 001 2,000 LEFT 2,000 RIGHT GSV BC 001 2,000 GSV PTS 2,000 GSV PTS JILL BOB 4,000 GSV EARNS $570. 4,000 GSV EARNS $1,140. 2,000 LEFT 2,000 RIGHT GSV BC 001 = 400 PTS. 1,000 LEFT 1,000 RIGHT GSV BC 002 = 200 PTS. 1,000 LEFT 1,000 RIGHT GSV BC 003 = 200 PTS. 3 Business Centres Earning Potential $222,300/YR CAN* Leveraged Income from Group Sales Volume 001 RIGHT SIDE 001 LEFT SIDE YOU BC 001 BOB SUE KEN JILL 1,000 GSV PTS 1,000 GSV PTS 1,000 GSV PTS 1,000 GSV PTS YOU BC 002 YOU BC 003 002 LEFT 002 RIGHT 003 LEFT 003 RIGHT Activate (See Figure 5) 2 Who Do You Know? 3 Be Teachable 4
31. TRAINING AND SUPPORT — IN BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF, NOT BY YOURSELF 31 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Business Development System </li></ul><ul><li>The Income Maximizer ™ System </li></ul><ul><li>Professional publications </li></ul><ul><li>Effective business-building tools </li></ul><ul><li>Exciting atmosphere with incentives, contests, and travel opportunities </li></ul><ul><li>Spectacular conventions </li></ul><ul><li>Independent Distributor Council </li></ul><ul><li>USANAtoday.com </li></ul><ul><li>Weekly Health & Freedom Presentations </li></ul>
32. TIMING COULD NOT BE BETTER 32 Health & Freedom <ul><li>Listed in the top 20 on Forbes’ 200 Best Small Companies list for three years (2006, 2005, 2004) </li></ul><ul><li>Business Week named USANA to its 100 Hot Growth Companies list (2004 and 2005) </li></ul><ul><li>USANA CEO Dave Wentz named to a Forbes.com list of 21 of America’s powerful CEOs 40 and under. </li></ul>Albert Einstein Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Life Sciences USANA rated #1 Distributor Choice for 10 years (The MLM Insider/Network Marketing Today) Received Editor’s Choice and Top 5-Star Rating (USANA Essentials™ & HealthPak™, NutriSearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements™, 4 th Edition 10-time winner of Utah’s Best of State Awards
33. THE POWER OF A USANA HOME-BASED BUSINESS 33 Health & Freedom Leanne Grechulk Work History: Cosmetics sales manager Residence: Ontario, Canada Meg & James Heppner Work History: Real estate agents Residence: Manitoba, Canada Faye & Ray Despins Work History: Chartered accounting form owners Residence: Alberta, Canada Jean-Simon Marcoux & Natalie Deslauriers Work History: Automobile industry entrpreneur, fashion boutique manager Residence: Québec, Canada Amy Nie Work History: Financial advisor Residence: British Columbia, Canada Vincent & Mable Chan Work History: Pharmacist Residence: British Columbia, Canada Ani Black Work History: Counseling astrologer Residence: Alberta, Canada Fernand Leblanc & Mireille St-Gelais Work History: Entrepreneur, personal trainer Residence: Québec, Canada Johanne Côté & Mario Jutras Work History: Educator Residence: Québec, Canada Liming Li & Qi Jiang Work History: Neurologist Residence: British Columbia, Canada Luc & Line Dubois Work History: Teacher, management consultant and event organizer Residence: Québec, Canada Karen Shumka Work History: Pianist and voice teacher Residence: British Columbia, Canada
34. THE POWER OF A USANA HOME-BASED BUSINESS 34 Health & Freedom WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF? Ready to get started. 1 Interested, but need more information. 2 Thanks, but no thanks. Try the products? 3