1900 people that are obvious fans of the pizza cause they are following- perfect audience, instant call to action and it’s FREE
Drives traffic- Directs to landing page where they can opt in for NEWSLETTER!
Increase search relevance
Be creative while including terms you want people to find you for.
Network Statistics. One intro away from 32K professionals
1. Social Media 101
2. FSC Interactive
3. Andy Kutcher
4. What is Social Media?
5. But, What is Social Media? Social Media is any online or mobile network that allows for people to congregate, share and communicate. It’s a party…. online
7. C ustomization C onsistency C ommunity C ontent
8. C ontent
9. We know the digital era requires more content , not less. And it requires content edited and packaged in ways that help user access and allow for advertising placement. – Tom Curley, CEO of The Associated Press
10. I need more content?!? Mer.
11. What Should I Post? (almost anything!)
12. News articles featuring your business or your industry
13. Blog posts you’ve written
14. Photos and videos giving fans the “inside” or “behind the scenes” look
15. Questions you want to have answered
16. Links to your website
17. Share Other People’s Relevant Content
18. Events You’ve Created
19. “ Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” - John Jakes, author
20. Where Should I Post? (everywhere!)
22. Content shouldn’t scare you… After all, it’s yours…
23. C onsistency
25. When Should I Post? (everyday!)
26. Create a Schedule (and stick to it!)
28. C ustomization
29. You forgot the first rule of mass media, Elliot! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! - James Bond, Tomorrow Never Dies
30. C ommunity
31. com·mu·ni·ty /kəˈmyunɪti/ noun, plural -ties. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists
32. Who’s A Part of My Community? Who isn’t?
33. Anyone you interact with, even if only one time, is a part of your community http://www.coolinfographics.com/blog/2010/10/14/map-of-online-communities-2.html
34. How Do I Grow My Community? Shout it From the Rooftops!
35. Share Whatchya Got
36. Print Materials
37. Email Signature
38. How Do I Engage My Community? Content!
39. Give ‘Em What They want
40. But Remember… <ul><li>People change. You have to change with them. </li></ul>
42. Which Platforms are Right for Me? http://socialmediatoday.com/index.php?q=SMC/118475
44. What is Twitter
45. Cocktail Party Rules of Engagement
46. Cocktail Party Rules of Engagement <ul><ul><li>Don’t talk all about yourself </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Find the people who interest you </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Try to add value to the conversation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Follow up with your new friends </li></ul></ul>
47. Speaking the language <ul><li>RT @fscnola hosting a #socialmedia101 training session this morning! </li></ul>
48. Twitter Translator Saaay What?
49. Replies <ul><li>@ denotes a tweet sent to another Twitter user. </li></ul>@TiffanyStarnes see you in the park tonight!
50. Retweet <ul><li>Like forwarding a message in e-mail. This helps grow community and makes people feel good. </li></ul><ul><li>RT @andyknola : Help raise money for Tsunami Relief: http://bit.ly/awsjah0 </li></ul>
51. Direct Message <ul><li>DM is a private message that you can only send to those who follow you. </li></ul>D Adeletiblier Here’s my e-mail address [email_address]
52. Hashtag <ul><li># makes a term into a keyword that is searchable, also used to imply sarcasm or humor </li></ul>@tiffanystarnes is speaking in tongues at #socialsummit @nolamaven @AmieSaint @glamourstar this makes me weep for America. #mariahcareybabynames
53. Sign me UP! YES!
54. Sign Up
55. Fill out your profile
56. Find and Follow People
57. Content What are you doing? … in 140 characters…
59. Your Own Content
60. Other People’s Content
61. Whatever is Relevant
62. Responses to People
63. Why Does This Matter? Because… … people use Twitter
84. <ul><li>@wdsu </li></ul><ul><li>@The_Gambit </li></ul><ul><li>@FSCnola </li></ul><ul><li>@Fleurtygirl </li></ul><ul><li>@Official_Saints </li></ul><ul><li>@hornets </li></ul>A Few to Follow Locally
85. How Do I Track Success? Great Question!
86. Success = ____________? “ A leader has to be positive about all things that happen to his team. Look at nothing in the past as failure.” - Coach Mike Krzyzewski
90. Measuring Success on Twitter ReTweetist - Allows you to discover trends, popular topics and popular people by tracking Retweets (RTs) across Twitter. http://retweetist.com/ Twitalyzer- Twitter's most popular measurement solution for business and personal users, focusing on influence, impact and engagement. http://www.twitalyzer.com BackTweets- Get a comprehensive understanding of how your content is shared on Twitter, including tweet graphs, reach & impressions stats, influencer lists and more! http://backtweets.com/ TwitterCounter – Allows you to review your friends and follower growth by week, month or 3-month intervals. You can also compare your growth to competitors. http://twittercounter.com OneForty – All of the latest and greatest online and social media tools. http://oneforty.com/category/Analytics
91. The ‘book
92. <ul><li>So you have a Facebook Page? </li></ul>Now what?
93. Where Should I Post? (everywhere!)
99. How Do I Post… (as a page?)
104. When Should I Post? (everyday!)
107. Post Everyday (even if you don’t have content!)
108. How Do I Set Myself Apart? I Just Gotta Be Me…
109. Facebook Apps
110. Page Settings
111. Facebook Places
112. Claiming Your Place
114. Facebook Deals
115. Creating a Deal
118. Build Your Own Tab
126. Who’s A Part of My Community? Clients, Customers, Employees
127. Everyone You Interact With = Potential Facebook Fan
128. Everyone You Interact With = Your Community
129. How Do I Grow My Community? Shout it From the Rooftops!
130. Facebook Ads
133. Add Favorite Pages
134. How Do I Understand My Community? Insights
136. Insights: Users
141. Insights: Interactions
144. What is YouTube? YouTube is the largest search engine second only to Google.
147. What Should I Post? Anything That Provides a “Behind the Scenes” look!
148. How-To Videos
149. Behind The Scenes
150. Professional Videos
151. Keep it Short.
152. What Should My Channel Look Like? Like You!
153. Make Your YouTube Channel all About You!
154. Tag Videos & Create Playlists
155. Search Optimization
156. Where’s My Community? All Around You
157. Find Other Channels Like Yours
158. And… Comment! (with keywords!)
160. How Do I Know if it’s Working? Analyze!
161. YouTube Insights
164. What is Flickr?
165. ... words and pictures can work together to communicate more powerfully than either alone. – William Albert Allard
166. What Counts as Content? Photos! Photos! Photos!
167. Photostream (your photos)
168. Sets, Galleries, Collections (Other People’s Photos) Galleries allow up to 18 public photos. It’s an opportunity to celebrate the creativity of your fellow members. A collection is a group of your photo sets that are related to one another A set is a group of photos
169. Keywords, Keywords, Keywords!
170. Who is, Where is My Community? On Flickr, too!
171. Find, Create and Join Groups
172. Link Your Networks from Flickr
173. Link Your Networks To Flickr
176. What Is LinkedIn?
177. The Ultimate Business Networking Event Who Do You Know? Who Do THEY Know? Who Are You Trying to Reach? How Do You Expand Your Network? How Do You Set Yourself Apart?
178. By the Numbers <ul><li>45 million users /profiles </li></ul><ul><li>Average of 1.5 million US visits per month </li></ul><ul><li>80% of companies using LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees </li></ul>
179. By The Numbers <ul><li>Average age: 41 </li></ul><ul><li>Average household Income: $100K+ </li></ul><ul><li>College Grads: 80% </li></ul><ul><li>Business Decision Makers: 50% </li></ul>
180. What Do I Put on LinkedIn? Personally?
181. First, Let’s Talk About Me <ul><ul><li>COMPLETE your Profile… </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Add Your Picture </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Include ALL job history </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Ask For and Make Recommendations </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Optimize EVERYTHING </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Job Titles </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Updates </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Summary </li></ul></ul></ul>
182. What Do I Put on LinkedIn? Professionally?
183. Create a Business Profile
184. Now What? Community! Build Your Community!
185. Who Do You Know?
186. Who Do They Know? - Always personalize requests! - Include an introduction and why you would like to connect - Forward your profile to people you don’t know but would like to meet and WHY you are contacting them….BE HONEST
187. Look to Existing Contacts for New Contacts
188. Join Groups
189. Answer Questions (Position Yourself as an Expert) <ul><li>- Search open questions </li></ul><ul><li>- Offer your expert opinion </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t know the answer, share it with someone who might </li></ul>
190. Give and Receive Recommendations
191. <ul><li>FSC Interactive </li></ul><ul><li>1943 Sophie Wright Place </li></ul><ul><li>New Orleans, LA 70130 </li></ul><ul><li>E-mail: [email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Facebook: www.facebook.com/fscinteractive </li></ul><ul><li>Twitter: www.twitter.com/fscnola </li></ul><ul><li>O: 504-894-8011 </li></ul><ul><li>F: 504-894-8012 </li></ul>