Source: KMPG report in B&T article: http://www.bandt.com.au/news/australian-businesses-lag-in-social-media-game
Most companies are stuck in silos. However, social business is a dynamic eco- system of solutions and ideas that thrives on collaboration.
You must be able to deliver the right message, at the right time, through the right channel. Therefore, if your organization resolves to become a social enterprise, you must also make some strategic organizational and structural changes that will allow you to integrate disparate data sources across every channel, departments and country. You need to established ways to communicate across departments, monitor social conversations efficiently, and quickly distribute insight to the right parts of the company.
Social media isn’t a box to be ticked or a department to be manned or even a campaign to be launched. It’s about thinking differently about marketing, customer service, the entire company. It’s about realizing that consumers are running the biggest recommendation service in the world and that, as has been tiresomely often repeated, they define the brand (no, this is not new; yes, this is becoming more obvious and important by the day). All thinking about product, customers and communications, needs to take this into account — it cannot sit in a silo.
2. Current State of Social in Australia 48% have no presence in the space Only 42% Only 16% of Australian of respondents feel it is organisations are important to have a embracing clearly defining a social social media media strategy Only 14% Only 2% consider allocating dedicated find dedicating funding astaff and measuring social media priority engagement as important Source KMPG 2011Source: KPMG report in B&T article: http://www.bandt.com.au/news/australian-businesses-lag-in-social-media-game
3. Traditional Media Approach
4. Social Business Approach
5. You Need Both to SucceedBRAND AWARENESS BRAND REPUTATION SALES
6. The Relative ImportanceBought Owned Media Assets “Earned”
7. Nielsen study agreesEARNED TwitterOWNED Forums BOUGHT MEDIA Facebook Blogs
8. Social Business is no longer optional In the last few months, have you: 1. Opened and answered a direct mail letter? 8% 2. Followed up on an ad on mainstream mediums such as TV, radio or magazines? 22% 3. Did you go to the yellow pages to research a company or product? 3% 4. Used Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media for a product that you were looking to buy? 80%http://www.jeffbullas.com/2009/10/30/6-questions-to-ask-the-ceo-when-he-says-social-media-wont-work-for-his-company/
9. Most brands are socially inept.Share, talk, answer, engage, give something for free, have a personality, be different…
10. It’s not about the tools. It’s how you use them.
11. Social Media Best Practice Tactics/ Shop Front Strategyhttp://www.intersectionconsulting.com/blog/
12. The Single Biggest Challenge
13. Inevitable Shift CLOSED COLLABORATIVE OPEN CULTURE Silos, separate and Freely sharing Connecting internal andinformation hoarding information and external communities for knowledge internally mutual gain
14. Social Media has a knock on effect
15. Social Media vs Social Business
16. The Benefits of Getting it Right Companies view social media as offering the most benefit in the upper stages of the purchase funnel.http://www.booz.com/media/file/BoozCo-Campaigns-to-Capabilities-Social-Media-and-Marketing-2011.pdf
17. Social ROI: You get out what you put in 2011 study shows that 95% of Facebook posts on brand pages are ignoredwww.allfacebook.com/facebook-wall-posts-brands-2011-10
18. Top 7 Take-outs Social is no longer optional – integration is keySocial Media has a knock-on effect beyond marketing Social Media requires a Social Business It is not about the tools, but how you use them Content & context is the new marketing You only get out what you put in First mover advantage is there to be seized
19. At what stage is your business? “We are nowhere” “We’ve made a start” “We get it!” We have Facebook and We have a communityWe’re not sure where Twitter but no one manager who regularly to start or whether wants to be our friend engages with our we need to? or talk to us. growing community. 90% + of brands