What we learnt during our Dubai Study Tour
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Like this? Share it with your network

Share

What we learnt during our Dubai Study Tour

on

  • 394 views

Every year, FIIB takes it students for a Study Abroad Tour. This year students toured the lanes of Dubai. Watch their presentation here

Every year, FIIB takes it students for a Study Abroad Tour. This year students toured the lanes of Dubai. Watch their presentation here

Statistics

Views

Total Views
394
Views on SlideShare
394
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

What we learnt during our Dubai Study Tour Presentation Transcript

  • 1. STUDY ABROAD ASSIGNMENT DUBAI SUBMITTED BY :- Rashmi Yadav Priyanka Kanwar Rini Rajan Ridham Gupta Rajnandan Kumar
  • 2. DUBAI Dubai is a city in UAE and one of the seven emirates that make up the country. Population- 2,106,177 & Land territory - 4,114 km2 Emerged as a business and cultural hub of Middle East. It’s main revenue comes from Tourism. Major attraction is it’s infrastructure , it has world’s tallest building –Burj Khalifa. As of 2012, Dubai is the 22nd most expensive city in the world.
  • 3. EXCHANGE CONTROL & DEBT TO EQUITY REQUIREMENT Currently no foreign exchange control restrictions in the UAE. No restrictions on the transfer of funds into or out of the UAE, except that Israeli currency. All other currencies are traded freely at market-determined prices. No licence is required to change money. The government does not impose debt-to-equity ratio requirements on corporations.
  • 4. TAXATION IN THE UAE Corporation income tax (or equivalent)-No federal corporate income tax, it is only on oil & gas companies and also on foreign banks. Personal income tax- No personal income tax. Sales tax/VAT-No VAT in the UAE ,might introduce in near future. Municipal tax- It is levied in various forms in various emirates, generally as a percentage of rental value. Hotel tax -Impose a 5-10% hotel tax . Transfer pricing and thin capitalisation-No transfer pricing regime & also no thin capitalisation.
  • 5. RESTRICTIONS ON FOREIGN INVESTMENT The UAE is not an English common law jurisdiction. Investors, particularly in the real estate sector, are only granted short six-month resident visas which need to be renewed on expiry. A foreigner wishing to conduct business outside a free zone must have a local partner owning at least 51% of the business. UAE’s oil and natural gas sectors foreign investment is limited to 40 percent and the remaining 60 percent is owned by the Emirates government control. Sectors including insurance, telecommunication and travel agencies are still mostly closed to foreigners.
  • 6. LEARNING EXPERIENCE INFRASTRUCTURE- Started focusing on it when it’s oil reserve started depleting. REVENUE- Main source is tourism. BUSINESS- Favours local over foreign investors. LAW & CULTURE- Stringent laws are there, & also they take pride in their culture.