1. Before you start your search for a good web host, youneed to first narrow down exactly what kind of you need.Different kinds of hosting offer different benefits and cater to specific kinds of websites, so you need to figure out what will work best for your site before you make your decision. To help you choose the right web host for your needs, well review the most popular kinds of hosting below.
2. Shared HostingThis is a good option for you if youre looking to create a personal or small business site. In general, this is usually an inexpensive hosting solutionbecause many clients sites are stored on the same server(hence the name "shared hosting"). This means you share the costs of the server with the other clients, making it cheaper for everyone.
3. Dedicated HostingThis is like the opposite of sharedhosting. Instead of sharing a server with other clients, youactually rent out the entire server from the web host. This makes dedicated hosting more expensive, but it alsomeans you get more control over your server and website. This is a great option if youre looking to create a large, complex website.
4. E-commerce HostingIf you want to create an e-commerce site (a website that sells products), then youll probablywant to look into e-commerce hosting. This offers a lot ofthe same features youd get with shared hosting, but also includes some specific e-commerce benefits (such as shopping cart software, payment processors, SSL certificates, etc.).
5. Blog HostingAs the name implies, blog hosting is a greatoption if you want to start a blog. Again, youll get a lot of the same features with blog hosting as you would with shared hosting, but youll also get some blog-specific features, like 1-click blog software installs.
6. Unlimited HostingUnlimited hosting is just what it sounds like - web hosting with unlimited resources. This usually includes unlimited bandwidth, storage space, email accounts, databases, etc. Unlimited hosting is a good option for any kind of website, because youll never haveto worry about being charged for your resource usage. You can expand and grow your site as much as you want without having to upgrade to a bigger hosting package.
7. Linux HostingLinux is an open source computer operatingsystem that allows you to run specific applications on yourwebsite, including PHP, Perl, XML, and MySQL. In order to be able to use these Linux-powered applications on your website, you need to have web hosting that supports Linux. Linux hosting is a good option for many kinds ofwebsites, because it allows users to create anything from a simple HTML site to a more complex, dynamic site.
8. Once youve determined what kind of website you want tocreate, compare your various web hosting options to find the one that will best fit your needs. The right web host will provide a solid foundation for your website, helping you to succeed for many years to come!