The opening weekend at Cannes introduced us to #dronie (Drone + selfie) and the power of David Hasselhoff. Follow along throughout Cannes for Daily Updates from the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. …
The opening weekend at Cannes introduced us to #dronie (Drone + selfie) and the power of David Hasselhoff. Follow along throughout Cannes for Daily Updates from the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
Top social media trends from the opening weekend at Cannes Lions included:
· Sir Patrick Stewart helped Twitter become the big winner on day one of Cannes Lions, with the social platform featuring in over 1,200 mentions
· While much of Ogilvy’s social-cut through is driven by the firm’s own channels, its social campaign continues to storm ahead in the conversation stakes
· David Hasselhoff showed the power of celebrity, helping to lift Golin into a prominent position after attending a session with the agency and promoting the #Hoffornot hashtag
· Storytelling continues to be a key theme at the festival. Twitter’s #LiveStories and #LiveStorytelling have taken over from Game of Thrones in sparking conversation around how to tell stories. As a buzz word, ‘storytelling’ was second only to ‘creativity’, generating 1,257 mentions
· #dronie also proved popular with 234 mentions, which was driven by the first #dronie of the festival with Patrick Stewart on Sunday.