1. British Council Bridges: ELTnet Project XXVII VenTESOL ANNUAL CONVENTION: “ BUILDING BRIDGES IN ELT” May 29-30, 2009 Karla Arteaga and Evelyn Izquierdo
2. ELTnet stands for English Language Teaching Network . It is a British Council project in Venezuela aimed at incorporating secondary school EFL teachers into networking. What is ELTnet?
3. Why ELTnet? Because there is a need for deepening and strengthening the relationships with secondary school English language teachers, especially those who work in the public sector. Many teachers do not even know about the enormous potential and sources available for professional and academic development they have at the British Council.
4. Our aims <ul><ul><li>Creating a communication network of secondary school EFL teachers in Venezuela. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Providing bridges for them to keep connected. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Providing a space for discussions on new trends in ELT. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Giving them access to the British Council services and trainings. </li></ul></ul>
5. ELTnet means... Access to the British Council services and events
6. ELTnet means... Up-to-date information about current trends in ELT
7. ELTnet means... Meeting colleagues from all over the country, making new relationships and keeping connected
8. * Training *Courses *Workshops *Improving your daily teaching practice ELTnet means...
9. ELTnet means... Online teaching resources
10. ELTnet means... Collaborative work
11. ELTnet means... Opportunities to win scholarships and free participation in events
12. What do you need to participate in ELTnet? An email account Computer with Internet access Be an EFL teacher
13. How do we keep connected?
14. How to contact us? ELTnet Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ELTnet/ Evelyn Izquierdo [email_address] Karla Arteaga [email_address]
15. Thank you very much for your attention! In ELTnet, you will be more than welcome!