1. Product Work LogName_Eve Godfrey_______Date __Thursday January 5, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 1/5/12 Downloaded the software needed to putTime: 8:10 P.M.–10:10 my book together.P.M. I created a few pages and also gave my2 Hours book a title. Commentary: I had to teach myself how to use the software to create my book. It is called, BookSmart. It is a very user-friendly program. The BookSmart program also lets you pick the size book you would like and it also lets you know pricing. I picked the small square book. I have done my research about pricing and the cheapest I have ever found to create a book, was off this program. It is going to be about 11 dollars. I have decided that I’m going to ask people to purchase a book, and then order a set amount for the people that have promised to buy one. I created two pages tonight. They come at the very end of the book because as of right now I don’t have any pictures from my illustrator, Caylee Geller.I chose the name, Saving Mr.Sparky, for my book. It will likely change, but I’m more concerned with the actual book, than the title right now.
2. Product Work LogName_Eve Godfrey_______Date __Saturday January 13, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 1/13/12 Completed the copyright and quotationTime: 2:40 P.M.– 4:00 page. Also completed the last few pages.P.M. Discussed the storyline and pictures that1 hour & 20 minutes. need to be drawn with my illustrator.Date: 1/13/12 Researched what will need to be done toTime: 8:15 P.M.-9:30 donate my profit to a charity.1 hour & 15 minutes. Commentary: On the copyright page, I decided to useTotal time: 2 hours & my senior picture as my signature35 minutes. picture simply because this is my senior project. On the quotations page, I also included my thanks to Caylee (my illustrator) and my book dedication. On the quotations page, I put a bible verse that I have committed my life to, and really the verse that I have lived by during this whole senior project process. The last few pages of the book are just pictures of each cat, and what they really look like. We discussed what exactly we were going to incorporate in the story, so that we could maximize its potential. There shouldn’t be very many pictures, but we just have to worry about Caylee finishing them in time. I also researched about charities, and what I will need to do to properly donate to them. I have also thought about maybe writing to a church and asking them to sponsor my purchase of the books so that I can donate the profit to charity.
3. Product Work LogName_Eve Godfrey_______Date __Thursday January 19th, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 1/19/12 Met with Caylee (My illustrator) duringTime: 1:30 P.M.– 2:30 lunch to discuss what needs to be doneP.M. regarding pictures for the book.1 hour Commentary: We discussed the layout of the book. I brought my computer in to try and show her a visual of what she has to work with. We talked about what all she has done so far, and the time frame she has to work with to complete the rest of the pictures. We decided that the book is going to be fairly short, but it is going to have a lot of real life information incorporated into it so that people know the story of Mr.Sparky, Miss Kitty, and Kiki. She appeared to be confident in that she would be able to finish by my deadline, but I find that hard to believe, because we have to continuously push the deadline back. I think I have officially decided that I want everything in and completed by the middle of February, somewhere around Valentines day. I think it will take several weeks for my books to come in due to the large quantity of books that I will be ordering.
4. Product Work LogName_Eve Godfrey_______Date __Friday February 10, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 2/10/12 Met with cayleeTime: 9:45P.M.– 10:35P.M. Commentary:Total time: 50 minutes Caylee and I decided which pictures that I would need her to draw. We decided that there were three more pictures she needed to complete for me. As of right now, we are getting down to a time crunch. So far, all the deadlines that I have set for her have been surpassed due to her schedule and unavailability. We decided that I would need this pictures by the first of March, so that I may continue the editing process.
5. Product Work LogName_Eve Godfrey_______Date __Tuesday March 6, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 3/6/12 Completed the first and second pages.Time: 6:00 P.M.– 10:00 Formatted the pictures.P.M. Commentary:4 hours. I was having an issue with formatting the pictures correctly. My pictures were too low resolution for the printing company. The company said that I would either have to bump up the resolution of the pictures, or they would all end up being small and virtually no good to use with the book. I will continue to find ways to improve my book and improve the formatting. I believe that I will have to get my mom to try to bump up the resolution with her computer as of now.
6. Product Work LogName_EveGodfrey_______Date__Thursday March 8, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 3/8/12 Completed the third, forth, and 5th pages.Time: 8:30 P.M.– 10:30P.M. Commentary:2 hours. I figured out how to get the pictures the way I needed them to be. Instead of trying to add a border to them myself, and instead of screen-shoting the actual pictures, I had to put them in as I got them in the email. This ment that I used to programs ways of editing the pictures and cropping and so forth. I have had a hard time with making everything look even. I suspect to have a meeting with my facilitator soon. I will do my best to have my product completed within the next few days.
7. Product Work LogName_EveGodfrey_______Date__Tuesday Macrh 13, 2012_Product _____Childrens Book______Date/Time: Activity: Comment/Suggestions:Date: 3/13/12 Met with my project facilitator.Time: 6:00 P.M.– 7:15P.M. Commentary:1 hour & 15 minutes. I met my project facilitator and weDate: 3/13/12 discussed the book. She went throughTime: 9:00 P.M.-12 and edited the book. I had severalA.M. grammatical errors within the book. I find it hard to edit the book myself3 hours. because there is not a spell check feature. I will have to get several other people toTotal time: help with the editing process before I4 hours & 15 minutes. ship it off to be produced. These last few logged hours have been hard for me because the book is coming together and is getting down to its final stages. I am formatting the best that I can, and trying to make the book look as professional as possible.