1. Retail and the Internet of Things:M2M Technology Building BlocksIntroducing Multi-Service Gateways and M2M IntegrationPlatforms and by that effectively Decoupling Producers& Consumers of M2M Device DataRobert Andres
2. Vertical Market Application ScenariosRetail Automation & Integration / OverviewIt is all about …• knowing more about customers• winning and keeping customers• providing more and better services• reducing cost• increasing efficiency & margin• protecting customers and businessWhat M2M solutions from Eurotech can do for you.
3. The Internet of ThingsM2M Applications EverywhereLogisticsMedicalTransportationPublic TransportRailMeteringAir ConditionsMiningFirst RespondersValue TransportSmart CityEnvironmentalSmart Grid First RespondersGreen HousesSports Medical ApplicationCool Chain MonitoringVendingReverse VendingIndustrialTicketingFarmingAgricultureSignageAutomatic Vehicle LocationRemote MonitoringRetailEnergy Monitoring
4. The Internet of Things• IT centric, cloud based M2M connectivityplatforms as building blocks for enterprise IT• Implementation of “Enterprise Service Bus”architectures to allow an easy integration of differentdevice data systems and applications• Multi Service Gateway approach to integrate andconsolidate data streams and future proof investments• IT centric application development to implementbusiness logic in smart edge devices / servicegateways• Of the shelf purpose built devices designed to meetvertical market value propositionsDistributed Systems Fundamental Building BlocksM2MIntegrationPlatformMulti-ServiceGatewayApproach
5. APIs, Dashboards, Console, etc.The Internet of ThingsDistributed Systems Architectural OverviewConsumers of DataM2MIntegration PlatformMulti-ServiceGatewaysProducers of DataM2MInfrastructureSolutionOperationalTechnologyBuilding BlockStandard Interfaces
6. Vertical Market Application ScenariosRetail Automation & Integration / Overview• Smart Shelf• Smart POS• RFID Solutions• Monitoring & Tracking• People counter• Scanning and weightcontrol• Smart Trolleys• Payment systems• Queue management• Anti-theft systems• Security & surveillance• Vending and reversevending machines• …M2M Applications Everywhere in Retail:
7. The Internet of ThingsAutomation & Integration / M2M Multi Services GatewaySensorsActuatorsLegacySystemsSmartMachinesM2MMultiServicesGatewayHuman /MachineInterfacesMeters• Multiple business relevant tasks areaddressed and technically consolidated• Data delivery using a common protocoleffectively decoupling data providersand data consumers• IT centric application development toimplement business logic in smart edgedevices / service gateways• More efficient bandwidth utilization –carrier cost optimization• Of the shelf purpose built devicesdesigned to meet vertical market valuepropositions
13. © 2013 Eurotech. All rights reservedThis presentation has been prepared by Eurotech S.p.A. (or “Eurotech”).The information contained in this presentation does nor purport to be comprehensive. Neither Eurotech nor any ofits officers, employees, advisers or agents accepts any responsibility for/or makes any representation or warranty,express or implied, as to the truth, fullness, accuracy or completeness of the information in this presentation (orwhether any information has been omitted from the presentation) or any other information relating to Eurotech, itssubsidiaries or associated companies, whether written, oral or in a visual or electric form, transmitted or madeavailable.The information in this document is proprietary to Eurotech. No part of this document may be reproduced, copied,or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express prior written permission of Eurotech.The distribution of this document in other jurisdictions may be restricted by law, and persons into whosepossession this document comes should inform themselves about, and observe, any such restrictions.No reliance may be placed for any purposes whatsoever on the information contained in this document or anyother material discussed during this presentation, or on its completeness, accuracy or fairness.Eurotech assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document. Eurotech does not warrant theaccuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within this material.This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited tothe implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringiment.The information in this document and any other material discussed at this presentation is subject to verification,completion and change.The information and opinions contained in this document are provided as at the date of the presentation and aresubject to change without notice.Some of the information is still in draft form and will only be finalized.By attending the presentation you agree to be bound by the foregoing terms.Trademarks or Registered Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.