• The Internet is the IDEAL medium for
communicating between firms and their
• Great for targeting specific segments with
customized offers and messages.
• Internet facilitates MASS CUSTOMIZATION
through real-time one to one dialog.
• Customer-centric: customers EXPECT high
degree of interaction and individualization.
• Relationship marketing demands excellent
Internet CommunicationsInternet Communications
• Interactive marketing enables customers to
react with the firm.
• Customers can customize the firms’ website
based on their wants, needs, interests.
• Demands a robust database marketing system.
• Leverage customer registration information to
customize their interactions with the
• Vehicles to focus on your customers include:
customized newsletters, individualized content
based on their click-through activity and their
• The marketer or the client/prospect can start
• The firm gets information on the customer in
three (3) different ways:
– It’s database.
– How the customer came to their website (click
– How the customer navigated through the website.
• PEOPLE LOVE TO BE RECOGNIZED ANDPEOPLE LOVE TO BE RECOGNIZED AND
TREATED SPECIALTREATED SPECIAL.
• There are 44 categories of communication a firm
has with its customers ->->
4 Communication Channels4 Communication Channels
• Personal websites
• Wireless devices
• Dynamic ads
• Interactive TV
• Email marketing
• User forums / online communities