1. Samsung India•Samsung Electronics commenced its operations inIndia in December 1995.•Today it is a leading provider of Consumer Electronics, IT and Telecom products in the Indian market.•Samsung India is the Regional Headquarters forSamsung’s South West Asia operations, whichprovides employment to over 8,000 employees witharound 6,000 employees being involved in R&D.•In 2010,Samsung India achieved a sales turnover ofUS$3.5 billion. Profits reinvested in R&D India itself.
2. • Samsung began operations in India through its manufacturing complex located at Noida (UP),1997.It is top ranked in productivity.• It today houses facilities for Color Televisions (including 3D, LED and LCD Televisions), Mobile Phones, Refrigerators, Washing Machines and Split Air Conditioners categories.• Samsung commenced operations of its second state–of-the-art manufacturing complex at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu in November 2007.• Today, the Sriperumbudur facility manufactures Color televisions, Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machines, Refrigerators and Split Air Conditioners
3. • In 2009, Samsung launched the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – ‘Samsung Hope Project’ with projects in the areas of education, culture, sports, social welfare and community development.• Each program under the Hope Project uniquely addresses the needs of individual communities while emphasizing on innovations for development of the community including education, technology, engineering and IT technical training.• Samsung India aims to be the Best Company in India. Best Company in terms of the internal workplace environment, our manpower, our products as well as our efforts to make our customers happy through our products and services.
4. "Our aim is to gain technological leadership in the Indian marketplace even as our goal is to earn the love and respect of more and more of our Indian consumers."Mr. B D ParkPresident & CEOSamsung South West Asia Head Quarters •All the components used by Samsung for manufacturing its products are eco friendly as per ROHS norms. •In India Samsung has ranked high amongst surveys undertaken by leading agencies such as Economic Times, Financial Express, Readers Digest and Business Today. Samsung has achieved the title of the most Trusted and the Most Aspirational brand in consumer durable and mobile categories related to its Flaunt Factor attributes like quality, brand reputation and imagery.
5. • Samsung has two R&D centers in India.Samsung India Software Centre (SISC) at Noida, near Delhi and Samsung India Software operations unit (SISO) in Bangalore.• The Delhi R&D Centre develops software solutions for hi-end televisions such as Plasma TVs, LCD TVs and Digital Media Products, it also carries out R&D for product hardware here.• The Bangalore R&D Centre works on major projects for Samsung Electronics in the area of telecom, wireless terminals and infrastructure, Networking, SoC (System on Chip) Digital Printing and other multimedia/digital media as well as application software.• The focus of the Centre is to customize both audio visual and home appliance products to better meet the needs of Indian consumers.
6. • From Flat Televisions with Easy View technology to Frost Free Refrigerators with Stabiliser Free Operations, the Samsung R&D Centres in India help the Company to continuously innovate and introduce products customised for the Indian consumer.• Samsung India currently employs around 6000 employees across its R&D Centres at Noida and Bangalore.• Samsung India is a market leader in product categories like LED TVs, LCD TVs, Slim TVs and Side by Side Refrigerators. While it is the second largest mobile handset(apprx. 30% share) brand in India, it leads in the smart phone segment in India.