Let's Rail tm
TM Let's Rail Dice Game © Eric Parein
A Dice Table Game Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
A ‘locomotive’ and a ‘wagon’ Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
One has to try to get a full row of nine cubes. In other words: A ‘Full Train’ on the rails! Only cubes with their top upright are involved. A. Alone: Gauge your luck for an upcoming event, your intelligence, your virility, her love for you… Shoot in front of you until a ‘Locomotive’ (left cube) appears. Take it aside. Follow up with the ‘Wagons’ (right cube), if any. Continue to shoot to pick more Wagons. However, the second Locomotive showing up terminates your Train! Your score will be 3 out of 9, or 4/9, 5/9, 6/9, 7/9, 8/9 or 9/9. B. Two players: Choose what you are playing for. Decide who first will throw and start the game. Shoot and take turns until a Locomotive appears. Take it aside, with its wagons, if any. The same player continues to shoot to pick more Wagons. However, the second Locomotive showing up terminates his or her Train! Your score will be 3 out of 9, or 4/9, 5/9, 6/9, 7/9, 8/9 or 9/9. The goal is first to reach 50 points, or the Full Train! Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
- C. A bunch of players (the bartender included):
- Not for points! The end goal is the Full Train!
- Play as B above, perhaps using a Shaker to pass on the game,
- each shake the game is passed on to the left,
- the last unsuccessful player who passed on
- the unfinished game has to buy a round.
- D. Use ‘Let’s Rail’ instead of Dice! Wherever! The length of your train tells you how many points you get.
- - When the two Locomotives show up without a Wagon in between…
- Short-circuit! Game Over! This player looses the game.
- Shooting a Full Train at once is unrealistic and therefore not valid. Too much of the good thing! This player looses the game.
- Cubes which drop on top of another do read the same.
Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
- Of course, home rules are always another option.
A Locomotive to start with and two Wagons Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
Congratulations, a ‘Full Train’ ! Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
Here you made a 6/9 or 6 points. Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein
‘ Short Circuit’, too bad, you loose! Let's Rail - tm © Eric Parein