1. Welcome to theSalesian High School LibraryA few facts and figures to get you started.
2. Library Guidelines• Be doing something productive • Be doing it in a way that allows others to be productive• Be respectful of other people and their property
3. What is Mr. Mahollitz Available to Help You With?• Research Assistance• Computer/Technology Questions• Finding the Right Book(s)• Printing/Copying• Writing/Editing Papers• etc.*My primary objective is to make your life easier. The door is always open and your questions are always welcome.
4. When is the Library Open• Official library hours are 8:00am-4:30pm• If you need to use the library resources during regular class hours, obtain a pass from your teacher o Be mindful of other students or classes that may be using the library.
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)• What does the library have to offer me? o The library currently holds around 10,000 resources, which include books, magazines and online databases o 30 computers available for student use during break, lunch and after school. With a pass from your teacher, you can even come during regular class time. o A world of possibility and a librarian willing to help every step of the way
6. FAQs Continued...• How much does it cost to print in the library? All printing for school-related purposes is free o• How much does it cost for copies? Black & white copies = .10; Color copies = .25 o• Does the library have a lost and found? o Yes, but following the end of each school day misplaced items will be relocated to the main office• Can I use the library databases from home? o Library databases are available 24/7 using the school-issued username and password• Can I renew a book? o Yes, unless another student has requested it
7. FAQs Continued...• How can I get in touch with the librarian? o Mr. Mahollitz can be reached during and after school hours in the following ways: (510) 234-4433 ext. 1410 (business hours only) email - email@example.com twitter - @emahollitz*Dont always expect an immediate response, but know that your questions and concerns are valued
8. How to Reach the Library OnlineFrom the Salesian Website (salesian.com)
9. …or via the Library Blogsalesianlibrary.wordpress.com