3. Software types: Proprietarysoftware Free software packages Freeware packages Renderers Related to 3D software
4. Proprietary software: 3ds Max (Autodesk), originally called 3D Studio MAX, is a comprehensive and versatile 3D application used in film, television, video games and architecture for Windows and Apple Macintosh (but only running via Parallels or other VM software). It can be extended and customized through its SDK or scripting using a Maxscript. It can use third party rendering options such as Brazil R/S, final Render and V-Ray.
5. Proprietary software:AC3D : Aladdin4D (DiscreetFX): (Inivis) is a 3D modeling  first created for application that began in the the Amiga, was 90s on the Amiga platform. originally developed Used in a number of by Adspec industries, MathWorks actively Programming. After recommends it in many of their aerospace-related acquisition by articles due to price and DiscreetFX, it is multi- compatibility. AC3D does not platform for Mac OS X, feature its own renderer, but Amiga OS can generate output files for 4.1,MorphOS, Linux, AR both RenderMan and POV- OS and Windows. Ray among others.
6. Bryce (DAZ Productions): Animation:Master : is most famous for landscapes and  from HASH, Inc is a creating painterly modeling and renderings, as well as animation package its unique user interface. Daz3d has that focuses on ease stopped its of use. It is a spline- development and its based modeler. Its not compatible with MAC OS 10.7x or strength lies in higher. Its currently character animation. being given away for free via the daz3d website.
7. Cheetah3D : Cinema 4D (MAXON): is a proprietary  is a light (Prime) to full featured (Studio) 3d program for Apple package dependant Macintosh compute on version used. Although used in film rs primarily aimed at usually for 2.5d work, amateur 3D artists Cinemas largest user base is in the television with some medium- motion graphics and and high-end design/visualisation arenas. Originally features developed for the Amiga, it is also available for Mac OS X and Windows.
8. CityEngine (Procedural Inc): Cobalt : Is a 3Dmodeling application  is a parametric- specialized in the generation based Computer- of three dimensional urban aided design (CAD) environments. With and 3D the procedural modeling software for modeling approach, CityEn both gine enables the efficient the Macintosh and Mic creation of detailed large- rosoft Windows. It scale 3D city models, it is integrates wireframe, available for Mac OS freeform surfacing, feature-based solid X, Windows and Linux. modeling and photo- realistic rendering (see Ray tracing), and animation.
9. Electric Image Animation form•ZSystem : (AutoDesSys, Inc.) : (EIAS3D) is a 3D  is a general purpose solid/surface 3D modeler. Its animation and rendering primary use is for modeling, package available on but it also features photo both Mac OS realistic rendering and object-centric animation X and Windows. Mostly support. form•Z is used in known for its rendering architecture, interior design, quality and rendering illustration, product design, and set design. It supports speed it does not include plug-ins and scripts, has a built-in modeler. The import/export capabilities popular film Pirates of the and was first released in Caribbean and the 1991. It is currently available for both Mac OS television X and Windows. series Lost used the software. More ….
10. Free software packages: Art of Illusion : AutoQ3D Community: is a free software  is not a professional package CAD program and it developed under is focused to the GPL. beginners who want to make rapid 3D designs. It is a free software package developed under the GPL.
11. Blender (BlenderFoundation) FreeCAD : is a free, open source, 3D studio for  is a full-featured animation, modelling, CAD/CAE open rendering, and source software. texturing offering a feature set Python scripting and comparable to various plugin commercial 3D modules are animation suites. It is developed under supported, e.g. CAM, the GPL and is Robotics, Meshing available on all major platforms including and FEM. Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, and Solaris.
12. K-3D : KernelCAD : is a GNU modelling,  is a large animation, and component aimed rendering system to present CAD as a available on Linux and GUI element for Win32. It makes use of programming RenderMan-compliant engineers. Includes render engines. It features scene graph interface to Open procedural modelling CASCADE similar to that found in Houdini.
13. MakeHuman MeshLab : is a GPL program that  is a free Windows generates 3D parametric humanoids. , Linux and Mac OS X application for visualizing , simplifying , processing and converting large three dimensional meshes to or from a variety of 3D file formats.
14. Freeware packages : 3DCrafter : Anim8or : (previously known  is a proprietary as 3D Canvas) is a freeware 3D 3D modelling and rendering and animation tool animation package. available in a freeware version, as well as paid versions (3D Canvas Plus and 3D Canvas Pro).
15. Autodesk 123D : DAZ Studio : is Autodesks entry a free 3D rendering into the hobbyist 3D tool set for adjusting modelling market. parameters of pre- existing models,FaceGen : posing and rendering is a source of human face them in full 3D scene models for other programs. environments. Users are able to generate Imports objects face models either randomly created in Poser and or from input photographs. is similar to that program, but with fewer features.
16. DX Studio : Evolver : a complete  isa portal for 3D integrated computer development environment for characters creating interactive incorporating a 3D graphics. The human (humanoid) system comprises both builder and a a real-time 3D engine cloner to work from and a suite of editing tools, and is the first picture. product to offer a complete range of tools in a single IDE.
17. Sculptris : SketchUp (Trimble):  is a 3D modeling is a program package that features made by Pixologic a sketch-based modeling approach it’s a free simple to integrated use program, it is with Google Earth and essentially just a limits export to Googles "3D beginners version Warehouse", where of Zbrush users can share their content. It has a pro version which supports 2D and 3D model export functions among other features.
18. Renderers : 3Delight : Adobe Photoshop : is a  can import models proprietary Render from programs such Man-compliant as zbrush and 3ds renderer. max, it allows you to add complex textures
19. Aqsis : Kerkythea : is a free and open  is a freeware rendering source rendering suite system that supports compliant with the raytracing. Currently, it RenderMan standard. can be integrated with 3ds Max, Blender,Brazil : SketchUp, and Silo (generally any software is a rendering engine for 3ds that can export files in Max, Rhino and VIZ obj and 3ds formats). Kerkythea is a standalone renderer, using physically accurate materials and lighting.
20. Pixars PhotoRealistic Maxwell Render : RenderMan : is a multi-platform  is a renderer, used renderer which in many studios. forgoes raytracing, global illumination Animation and radiosity in favor packages such as of photon rendering 3DS Max and Maya with a virtual can pipeline to electromagnetic RenderMan to do spectrum, resulting in very authentic looking all the rendering. renders. It was the first unbiased render to market
21. Sculptris : Vray : is an open source,  is promoted for use photo-realistic in the architectural renderer written in visualization field Java. used in conjunction with 3ds The same like Pixie. max and 3ds viz. It is also commonly used with Maya and Rhino .
22. Related to 3D software: Swift3D : Match moving : is the marquee tool  software is for producing vector- commonly used to based 3D content for match live video Flash. Also comes in plug-in form for with computer- transforming models generated video, in Lightwave or 3DS keeping the two in Max sync as the camera into Flash animations. moves.
23. MetaCreations : Simplygon : Detailer and Painter  is a commercial 3D are discontinued mesh processing software package applications for remeshing gener specifically for al input meshes painting texture into real- maps on 3-D Models time renderable meshes.
24. Pixar Typestry : Vray : is an a bandonware  Machinima is using 3D computer video capture to program released in record video games the 1990s by Pixar for and virtual worlds. Apple Macintosh and DOS-based PC computer systems. It rendered and animated text in 3d in various fonts based on the users input.
25. Related to 3D software: Swift3D : Match moving : is the marquee tool  software is for producing vector- commonly used to based 3D content for match live video Flash. Also comes in plug-in form for with computer- transforming models generated video, in Lightwave or 3DS keeping the two in Max sync as the camera into Flash animations. moves.
26. MetaCreations : Simplygon : Detailer and Painter  is a commercial 3D are discontinued mesh processing software package applications for remeshing gener specifically for al input meshes painting texture into real- maps on 3-D Models time renderable meshes.
27. Pixar Typestry : Vray : is an a bandonware  Machinima is using 3D computer video capture to program released in record video games the 1990s by Pixar for and virtual worlds. Apple Macintosh and DOS-based PC computer systems. It rendered and animated text in 3d in various fonts based on the users input.