Project Phases (Page 2)9. Feasibility Phase10. Hiring Phase11. Analysis Phase12. Specific Development Phase13. Bussines Build-Up Phase14. Design Phase15. Development Phase16. Engineering Phase
Project Phases (Page 3)17. End Phase18. Finishing Phase19. Close-Out Phase20. Clean-Up Phase21. Marketing Phase22. Production Phase23. Installation Phase24. Training Phase
Project Phases (Page 4)25. Inspection from city officials26. Certificate of occupancy27. Service Utilities
Obstacles/Risks1. Building permits, zoning restrictions
Teams/Resources• Enea Petrit Mushi Project Manager• Winston E, Kile Registered Structural Engineer, Structuneering Inc 7322 SW Freeway, Suite 760, Houston TX 77074 (713) 779-1711• Regal General Contractors Incorporated, 2611 Arabelle Street, Houston TX 77007 (713) 862-8433• John (Jackie) Spurling Registered Civil Engineer, Stanley Engineering, 3301 Edloe St Suite 200, Houston TX 77027
Teams/Resources (Page 2)• Wael El Baharai Owner• MORRIS Architect Houston, 1001 Fannin, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77002 (713) 622-1180• Belanger Car wash Equipment Inc, 1001 Doheny Court, Northville, MI 48167 (248) 349-7010• Oscar Arevalo, Interim Building Official 300 Wet Walker, League City, TX 77539• League City, City Hall Utility Division 300 West Walker, League City, TX 77539
1. Start-Up Phase• Required by International Bulding Code 2006 that is enforced in League City, any owner that intends to construct alter any electrical, gas, mechanical or• pluming system needs to first make an application to the building official and obtain the required permit.• Annual permit. In lieu of an individual permit for each alteration to already approved electrical, gas and pluming instaliation, the building official is
1. Start-Up Phase (Page 2)• authorize to issue an annual permit to the owner for the remaining operation life of car wash.• Anual permit records. The owner to whom the permit is issued shall keep a detaild record of everthing• Approved materials and equipments. Building materials, car wash equipments and devices approved by the building official shall be constructed and installed
1. Start-Up Phase (Page 3)• Application for permit: To obtain the permit the owner shall first file application in writing on the form furnished by the department of building safety.• 1-Identify and describe the work to be coverd by permit by which the application is made• 2-Describe the land on which the proposed work is to be done by legal description, street addres or similar description that would readely identify and
1. Start-Up Phase (Page 4)• 3-Indicate the use of occupancy for which the proposed work is intended• 4-Be accompanied by construction documents• 5-State the evaluation of proposed work• 6-Be sign by the owner, or owners authorized agents• 7-Give such other data and information as required by building official
2. Scoping Phase• Define Scope of project• Create a Business plan
3. Research Phase• Find the neccesary information to start the feasiblility documents
4. Approval Phase• Get approval from Gas-Station Owner• Get Building permits from League city
5. Financing Phase• Procure financing from Gas-Station Owner -Wael El Baharai• Get financing from Bank of America
6. Concept Phase• Define the Project concept
7. Project Definition Phase• Addition to Existing VALERO Gas Station at Intersection of Freeway I-45 South and Highway 646
8. Estimating Phase• Estimate the cost of clearing the lot• Estimate the cost of pouring concrete and labor• Estimate the plumers cost• Estimate the electricians cost• Estimate the Building cost• Estimate the Car wash Equipment Cost• Estimate the Vacume cost• Estimate the Change machine cost
9. Feasibility Phase• Estimate the feasibility of undertaking this enterprise
10. Hiring Phase• Hire an Architect• Hire a Registered Structural Engineer• Hire a Civil Engineer• Hire an Insured General Contractor
11. Analysis Phase• Analyse the data gathered from fisibility phase
12. Specific Development Phase• Equipment shall be provided by Belanger.VECTOR Rapid Wash is a state of the art touch free automatic car wash system.• The basic system starts at $64,995.00 and includes:• 1-Ovehead Carriage Design.This is an overhead design that insures greater realibility and reduces customer loading error.• 2-Virtual Positioning System (VPS) that directly guides the customer into the bay through signage.
12. Specific Development Phase (Page 2)• 3-Dual Wash Arm design. It covers the whole vehicle in one pass.• 4-Programming Flexibility comes with an E-300 user friendly interface program with different car wash options.• 5-Under Carriage Blaster. It consists of a galvanized pipe feeding four 2 GPM@1000 psi nozzels for a powerfull under body wash.
12. Specific Development Phase (Page 3)• 6-Pager Modem Module.Great for the owner to do the work remotely.• 7-Overhead Rail Finish that travels back and forth during the car wash.(Stainless Steel Overhead Rail Finish is a possible upgrade)• 8-Frame and Mount. A wall-mounted frame will be purchased to save on space. (when compared to the floor-mounted option)
12. Specific Development Phase (Page 4)• 9-Motors. The system is automatically equipped with Wash Down Duty Motors.• 10-Knuckle Design added to the Vecto wash arm to reduce vehicle strike damage.• 11-Pump Station. The system shall come with a Single Tank Pump Station also refered to as Variable Flow Design Pump Station (VFD Pump Station)• 12-Color Package.The basic Standard Image comes free with the system.
13. Bussines Build-Up Phase• Buy four bright colored signs, no smaller than 4x4 dimention wise.• Buy advertising space at the local newspaper.• Deliver 1200 flyers monthly starting three months before the grand opening and continuing to at least five months after wards.
14. Design Phase• Create architectural desing to match the existing gas station• Design foundation (registerd structural engineer of record EOR)• Design new added slab for car-wash• Design the open style building (registerd structural engineer of record EOR)• Design the electrical plans (registered electrical engineer of record)
14. Design Phase (Page 2)• Design the pluming plans (registered civil engineer)• One set to Structural Engineer• One set to Civil Engineer• One set to Project Manager• One set to City Hall• Provide site plan,building design and landscaping.
15. Development Phase• Architectural plans to be submited to owner, general contractor and EOR by May 30, 2008• Sealed Foundation and slab plans to be submitted to owner, general contractor and EOR by June 7, 2008• Sealed Building by EOR to be submitted to owner, architect and general contractor by June 20, 2008• Sealed Electrical plans to be submitted to owner and general contractor and EOR by June 22, 2008
15. Development Phase (Page 2)• Sealed Plummbing plans to be submitted to owner and general contractor by June 24, 2008• Approve drawings, issue permits and make all required inspections
16. Engineering Phase• See previous phase• Design and produce the structural drawings• Responsible for civil drawings
17. End Phase• Wrap up loose ends such as making sure all permits have been procured, all utilities have been connected and all parties have been paid accordingly.
18. Finishing Phase• Turn in all documentation and keys to owner.
19. Close-Out Phase• Close out any unforeseen and remaining issues.• One set to Owner
20. Clean-Up Phase• Get ready for Grand Opening day.• Advertise in local news channel "Free car wash for the first 50 customers"
21. Marketing Phase• Start advertising for grand opening• Purchase permanent neon electronic display with daily intechangible message.
22. Production Phase• A $1000 incentive shall be given to the general contractor for each month that he is ahead of schedule.• Responible for all labor and instalation involve from inception to turn key
23. Installation Phase• Belanger representative and technicians shall install all the neccesary equipments in no longer than four business days, included in the purchase price of• $64,950.00• Installing all the neccesary equipments.
24. Training Phase• Train the attendies
25. Inspection from city officials• Preliminary inspections of the examined structure and site for which the applications have been filled• Required inspections:• 1) Footing and foundation inspection after the exavation and required reinforcing steel is in place• 2) Concrete slab inspection shall be made
26. Certificate of occupancy• Certificate issued.
27. Service Utilities• Connecton of service utilities .• Tempory conection
Gantt Chart Drive Through Car Wash Addition To VALERO Gas Station-Project KickStart Trial prints one page only. 4-May 11-May 18-May Task Name Days Start Finish Sun Mon Tue W ed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue W ed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon1 Start-Up Phase 1 5/5/08 5/5/082 Required by International Bulding Code 2006 that is enforced in League City, any owner that intends to construct alter any electrical, gas, mechanical or 1 5/5/08 5/5/083 pluming system needs to first make an application to the building official and obtain the required permit. 1 5/5/08 5/5/084 Annual permit. In lieu of an individual permit for each alteration 5/5/08 1 to already approved electrical, gas and pluming instaliation, the building official is 5/5/085 authorize to issue an annual permit to the owner for the 1 remaining operation life of car wash. 5/5/08 5/5/086 Anual permit records. The owner to whom the permit is 1 issued 5/5/08 shall keep 5/5/08 a detaild record of everthing7 Approved materials and equipments. Building materials, car wash equipments and devices approved by the building official shall be constructed and installed 1 5/5/08 5/5/088 Application for permit: To obtain the permit the owner shall first5/5/08 1 file application in writing on the form furnished by the department of building safety. 5/5/089 1-Identify and describe the work to be coverd by permit 1 which the application is made by 5/5/08 5/5/0810 2-Describe the land on which the proposed work is to be done 5/5/08 description, street addres or similar description that would readely identify and 1 by legal 5/5/0811 3-Indicate the use of occupancy for which the proposed 1 work is intended 5/5/08 5/5/0812 4-Be accompanied by construction documents 1 5/5/08 5/5/0813 5-State the evaluation of proposed work 1 5/5/08 5/5/0814 6-Be sign by the owner, or owners authorized agents 1 5/5/08 5/5/0815 7-Give such other data and information as required by building 5/5/08 1 official 5/5/0816 Scoping Phase 2 5/6/08 5/7/0817 Define Scope of project 1 5/6/08 5/6/0818 Create a Business plan 1 5/7/08 5/7/0819 Research Phase 1 5/8/08 5/8/0820 Find the neccesary information to start the feasiblility documents 1 5/8/08 5/8/0821 Approval Phase 2 5/9/08 5/12/0822 Get approval from Gas-Station Owner 1 5/9/08 5/9/0823 Get Building permits from League city 1 5/12/08 5/12/0824 Financing Phase 2 5/13/08 5/14/0825 Procure financing from Gas-Station Owner -Wael El Baharai 5/13/08 1 5/13/0826 Get financing from Bank of America 1 5/14/08 5/14/0827 Concept Phase 1 5/15/08 5/15/0828 Define the Project concept 1 5/16/08 5/16/0829 Project Definition Phase 1 5/19/08 5/19/0830 Addition to Existing VALERO Gas Station at Intersection of Freeway I-45 South and Highway 646 1 5/19/08 5/19/0831 Estimating Phase 9 5/20/08 5/30/0832 Estimate the cost of clearing the lot 1 5/20/08 5/20/085/4/2008 1 of 1