omplete any task from the Of Mice and Men homework menu.
his has been set on the ‘Show my homework’ website and is also
available to download from the year 9 literature blog.
L.O: To consider how space
represents mood in the novella.
To analyse the introduction of
characters in section 2
‘OF MICE AND MEN’
This is the setting for Chapter
0ne – Write two paragraphs
Use as many adjectives as you
• We need to consider locations and places in
• Today we will look at space and room.
• We will focus on chapter 2 and consider how
space is used and how this reflects on
Find a quote using…
• Death imagery
• Lists and long sentences
• Any language that suggests the room is
• What possessions the men have.
• Any language that suggests if this is a
masculine or feminine room?
• What effect does this have on a reader?
• The working man
• Prejudice and protest
• Fate and destiny
• What does this term mean?
• When two opposite words or two opposite situations
are put together.
• Antithesis happens a lot in Of Mice and Men; and
happens in Chapter 2.
• A technique used by authors to give clues about what
will happen later in the text.
1. Find a quote that shows the bunkhouse is like a coffin.
What does this foreshadow in the novel?
2. Does the Bunkhouse fit with the description of what the
American Dream is made out to be?
andy – Pg 39
he Boss – Pg 41
urley’s wife 46-48
ook at these sections and other places in the chapter.