•Video allows more creativity and garners more
engagement than other executions.
Optimize your viewers’ experiences on brands’ YouTube
You can't customize like you used to, and there's a lot of white
space, but there are very speciﬁc ways to make your page stand
out. Read on to ﬁnd out how you can turn curious viewers into
Post a channel trailer.
Optimize your channel name and description.
Pick the right icon.
Make beautiful channel art.
Maintain your feed.
Provide a reason and an incentive to talk about the brand and its
new product launch.
Crowdsource love song lyrics, then produce the songs.
Fans are invited to post their feelings aboutWendy's new Pretzel
Bacon Cheeseburger with the hashtag #PretzelLoveSongs on
Twitter and Facebook. In turn,Wendy's turns what it deems the
most creative posts into love song lyrics, which it says will be
scored and sung by professional musicians and vocalists.
The songs will be featured in ﬁve music videos through the
summer. Featured lyrics include the participant's name,Twitter
handle, and proﬁle photo.The singer in the ﬁrst video was
selected after a casting call, Lynch says. Future videos may
include talent from the improv group Second City, he adds.
The promotion runs through August.The ﬁnale video will feature
Nick Lachey. Lynch saysWendy's is looking for creativity and
happiness in potential lyrics. The goal is to encourage as many
lyrics as possible, Lynch says.The ﬁrst video includes nine.
To promote the initiative,Wendy's hosted a live event in NewYork
City on July 8 with Lachey.
Show the lighter side of Chick-ﬁl-A.
Make a boring video more interesting.
Chick-ﬁl-A produced a video about their new salads describing
how fantastic they are and all the ingredients, etc.Then, they took
a version of that video and added sound effects to show some
SOME FACTS ABOUT VIDEO & EMAIL
• Simply including the word ‘video’ in an email’s subject line saw an
increase of 7%-13% in overall click-through rates (CTRs) in 2011.
Embedding a video in an email generated an average conversion
rate 21% higher than emails containing a static image alone.
• Using the word ‘video’ in the subject line helped achieve
increases in open rates of up to 20% vs. no ‘video’ in the subject
• Video in email can increase click-through rates by as much as two
times to three times.
• In an A/B test with an animated .gif video in email vs. a static
image.The video segment resulted in 100% higher click-through
• 63.9% of 5,000 people watched to completion a video sent by
• In a study of 800,000 customer emails, those containing video
received, on average, 5.6% higher open rates and 96.38% higher
CTRs than non-video emails.
HOW TO COMBINE VIDEO & EMAIL
• Embedded video can be inserted using companies like Bomb Bomb. But
keep in mind that embedded video will not work in all email clients.
• Animated .gif videos can be embedded, but this format also has its
• A static callout linking to a web-hosted video is by far the most
• It’s important to call out the video in the subject line, use a play button
in the video player/player image, and highlight in the email what happens
when the video is clicked.
• Make the call to action a text link for subscribers who have blocked
• Keep full video length with audio to less than 3 minutes, animated .gif
videos to 30-45 seconds.
• Make sure the ﬁrst frame of the video is acceptable for email clients
that show static images only.
• Ensure that the amount of bandwidth required by the subscriber is not
more than 150-200kB/second.