1. Book 22: The Battle in the Hall Antinous killed by Odysseus arrow - neck Eurymachus killed by Odysseus arrow - chest Amphinomus killed by Telemachus spear Various Suitors killed by Odysseus arrows
2. Telemachus fetches arms and armour for Odysseus , Eumaeus and Philoetius. Melanthius fetches weapons for the Suitors from the store room.
3. Athene appears disguised as Odysseus’ friend Mentor. She urges Odysseus on.
4. The Suitors are urged on and organised by Agelaus, Polybus and others.
5. Demoptolemus killed by Odysseus spear Euryades killed by Telemachus spear Elatus killed by Telemachus (?) spear Peisander killed by Telemachus (?) spear
6. Telemachus is wounded very slightly by Amphimedon. His first battle wound! Very heroic.
7. Eurydamus killed by Odysseus spear Amphimedon killed by Telemachus spear Polybus killed by Eumaeus spear Ctesippus killed by Philoetius spear Agelaus killed by Odysseus spear Leocritus killed by Telemachus spear
8. Athene raises her aegis. Suitors flee and are slaughtered.
9. Leodes killed by Odysseus sword Phemius and Medon spared thanks to Telemachus. 12 Maids killed by Telemachus hanging Melanthius killed by T, E & P blood loss Eurycleia sent to summon Penelope
10. Things to Think About in Book 22: <ul><li>What is Telemachus’ role and character? </li></ul><ul><li>How does Homer balance the parts of the story that centre around Odysseus and the Suitors? </li></ul><ul><li>How does Homer make this book exciting? </li></ul><ul><li>What was the role of a Greek woman? </li></ul>