Human Dignity, God's image and Likeness, Love one another, Serving and Loving God, Be the light of the world, We are called to help others to live up the dignity God has called them. free will, Freedom
By Faith we know that God is always here.God is an invisible God, we did not see Him, but by Faith we know He is near
Your freedom, Human Dignity
Everyone is called to eternal live with
you, me, your family, the taxi driver, the
mail man, your neighbor, Everyone!
God does not call you to Holiness all by
He wants to get everyone involve.
Everyone is called to The Final Goal
• of ETERNAL LIFE
• and Eternal Happiness
Since everyone is created in images &
likeness of God.
He expects that all live up to the dignity to
which we are called.
And God expects all of us to help each other
to live to the same human dignity
This is the tall order for millions and millions
Your FREEDOM is the Key, no only for your
own grow and help to Holiness,
but also to helping others to grow in Holiness.
Your FREEDOM is the Key
You influence others in the most,
not by your good look, or magnetic
personality, although, I’m sure you are
But moreover, you can help others &
change the world…
by Freely Choosing God, and Living a
Today we going to talk about HOLINESS &
Change the World.
Holiness & Changing the World, What do
they have in Common?
In order to answer that question we have
to go back to the beginning…
This time lest go back TO “YOUR
• When God created you, You were made by Him
in His images & Likeness
• He gave you INTELLECT to know the Truth &
FREE WILL to choose to follow the Truth
• And He is the Truth!
• Your FREEDOM is directed toward GOD.
You are not the only one created in God’s
Image & Likeness
Look around you, every single person that
you have ever seen and you will ever see,
I mean Everyone!
• EVERYONE that you have ever met,
• that you know, or don’t know
• that you like, or dislike,
• People on the street, on the store,
• On the News, on other countries,
All are made in the Images and Likeness of
It means All people share the same Human
Dignity. It doesn’t matter if you
• speak the same languages,
• Or look a little different
Every person ever created, by God, is destine by
the same Goal of Eternal Life with Him.
Now since all share the same Goal and same
dignity of Human being
God makes certain demands on how we treat
The Scriptures teach us that we can not
separate/discharge for the Love of God, for the
Love of our Neighbor:
Some times it seems, like it would be easier
not to love your neighbor
• You know God I love you, but my brother is really
driving me crazy, I don’t want to love Him
Sorry!!! Just doesn’t work like that
God know we all need each other to get to
Let’s look the Scripture for evidence of the
Link between the Love of God and the Love
Some Scribes ask Jesus, which command is
the best of all & Jesus answered:
a) Hear o Israel: The Lord our God, The Lord is One
and you shall love the Lord your God with all our heart
and with all your soul,
and with all your mind and with all your strength.
a) The Second is this, You shall love your neighbor as
See God is very serious on this matter.
• Jesus is not quiet finished, when he come to the
Right after loving God, with everything he has
ever give you
He then ask you to love your neighbor; How
much? As yourself!
But Jesus did not demand something, He
Himself did not show us.
• At the incarnation Jesus, came to earth to share
• God the 2nd Person of the Most Holy Trinity
• Jesus has a Divine Nature, that he share with
the Most Holy Trinity: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
• And when Jesus was conceived in the womb of
Mary, He took on our human nature, He really
But what does this have todo with loving
• Well Jesus became man because he love all
• We are all sons & daughters of the same Father
Jesus loves you so much that He gave
his life to save us from all our sins
• What does this has to do with loving our
• Jesus shows us how to love our neighbor!!!
In fact He said:
• This is my commandment that you love one
another as I have love you
• Greater love has no man than this than to lay
down His life for His friends
That’s how you should love your
That is much as a challenge: It is easy to see God
in the people you like and lay your life for them
• family, friends,
• those who are nice to you
• Who smile and thank you when you do something nice to
But what about your enemies?
• I don’t have any enemies you may say! Will maybe you
• But what about the person who tease you?
• Or those who doesn’t thank you when you do something
nice for them?
• O r those who ignore you?
• What about the person who is a little different?
• What about that someone else seems to like?
This is your Challenge!
You are called to love them even more.
That’s what exactly what Christ did, and the Martyrs
& all the Saints.
Where they do not find love, they brought love
If you don’t love that person
• who is different
• the person that irritates you a little bit,
• Or the person that doesn’t fit in
If we don’t love them “Then Who Will?”
By loving them you not only make them feel love,
but you become FREER yourself to LOVE even
Loving those who are hard to Love,
your heart gets bigger & bigger
And who knows, maybe God put that
person in your path, and in your life,
at this time…
to teach you a little bit more about
Him & His love for you.
So Jesus lay down his life for us,
• Who should you lay down your life for?
• Who is your neighbor? EVERYONE!!!
Laying down your life, sometimes
maybe is easier,
• as having fun with your friends,
• and compromising on the game you will going
But sometimes laying down you life
means: Call to Courage
a) To defend those who are helpless
b) Those who are tease
c) Who are rejected
d) don’t fit in
e) or are forgotten
Remember all people have the same human
We are all part of the Royal Family of God.
To train you & give you many opportunities to
love your neighbor, God did not created you
in isolation, in loneliness, or all by yourself, or
in some lonely island
In fact, He gives you a built in society to work
upon, and where you can learned to love
This society is your family, too.
This society is your family, Your family images
the Love of God
• Because like the Trinity, it is a communion of Persons
• Your family is a communion of persons
• People bounded together by Love
Your Family is where you get your first and last
important education in every day life.
• You can learn what is right & wrong
• You learn about God & the Faith
And it is your family where you first learn to
exercise your freedom.
The great thing is that you don’t have to put a lot
of thought into learning; you simply learn by
In your family you learn
1) responsibilities for others,
2) To depend on others
3) And most of all, “How to love others”
Have you ever had to take care of some one
Have you ever have help to mowed the lawn?
Do the laundry?
Wash the car?
Has you mom ever asked you to drive your bike to the
Do you go to church in family?
Play game with family?
Or just spend some time together?
And in all these normal daily events, that life
seemed so routine,
God’s preparing you to grow in Love for Him &
Well, right now you are doing God’s will
1) Primarily by being a member or child in you family
2) When you obey your parents, you don’t know you
are doing God’s will
3) and Growing in Love not only for Him, but for your
parents & siblings as well
Notice how this two go together: Loving God
& obeying your parents
• This is a very practical application of:
• how you ACT to LOVE GOD,
• and how you Act to Love your neighbor
By loving your neighbor (in this case is your
family), You are showing your Love at God
Right now it is in this little school of daily life,
where God prepares you for the big responsibility,
that He has planned for you.
Just like Jesus had a family in Nazareth to model
for us all
• how important it is to honor our Father & Mother
• Jesus honor His mother and His Father
• Working as a carpenter with Joseph
Jesus in his Divinity, He held things in existence,
and yet here he was in a humble home in
…obeying and honoring His parents, while He
prepares for His Mission and passion
God gives us all these people in our lives, to
• Who He is?
• Who others are?
• And Who we “really” are?
God gives you a whole world of persons, so you
can learn to LOVE & SERVE them
By serving them, We learn to love & Serve Him.
Think all those people you know, each of them
reflects to you tiny bit about God
That you can only know it, through loving &
serving each of them
Just think if you add up all those people, how
much of God is revealed to YOU?
God is an invisible God, we did not see Him, but
by Faith we know He is near
The Scripture says:
“Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother
or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their
brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot
love God, whom they have not seen” (1Jonh 4:20)
If you can love & serve your neighbor who you can
you will be able to love and serve God who you
can not see.
Any time you are with others, you can choose to
freely Serve them & Serve God.
You see? this is a 2 for 1 deal!
But that’s not all, you need others, Yes you do!
We all do! We all need other people around us.
Why? becuase through being with others you
learn a lot about yourself: about your weakness
or your strengths
• For example: your teacher gave a special assignment, to
make a big poster for your class.
• At first you were working by yourself, all is working well,
you are quietly working,
• But let’s add one more ingredient: Your teacher tell you
that other student would help you.
Now, you see how things change?
• Maybe the other student has any other ideas,
• Maybe he is working faster than you
• Or maybe can talking to you & you were concentrated
• Or maybe he really likes the poster & compliments it
By adding another person into the project, the
whole set of OPPORTUNITIES come to your
Now, you have the opportunity to learn from the
• To help another person
• To grow on virtue of patient while working with others
• Humility & accepting compliments
• Generosity by including the others ideas
• Also self discipline by working with together to stay in
By working with others, you have the opportunity
to learn about yourself, too, and grow on Virtue
of Love of God
Not only the other person have an effect on
you, You can have an effect in other people,
You have given a Mission. YES a Mission!!!
Since your Baptism, it is your Mission to be
the LIGHT of the World…
…hrough all you know about
• the greatness you have been created for…
• And the dignity of all those around you
You have the mission to spread these
knowledge of God
& His great Plan to the whole world.
You can be a Missionary Right Now to those around you.
You can bring Jesus to those who do Not love Him,
because they really don’t know Him.
In order for others love Jesus, as you do, they have to
know Him, this is your Mission!!!
Do you have any ideas how you can be missionary right
• in your own house, school, neighborhood
• Your job, city, state & country.
It is Easy: Do you reflect the Love of Christ? I mean
trough your Actions!
Remember you were created in the images & likeness of
You are called to a great dignity,
Do others see in you the image of God?
1) If others see you, Are you an example of
greatness that Jesus called you to?
2) What kind of example are you for others?
3) Does the example of how you live your life inspire
those around you?
4) Your reactions reflect who you are?
5) Do you believe in your Own Dignity, as a person
made in the image & likeness of God?
6) When you really choose to do what is right, good
& true, Are you living out the true which you say
7) And are you a great witness to those, God wants
you to meet?
But you also change the world,
• Not by Power in mind,
• not by your awesome personality
• “BUT BY SERVING!!!”
SERVING- By taking Jesus as example-
His death on the cross-
and know that you were called to imitated
Him in Loving & Serving one another.
The Key to SERVING one another, it is
not how much You can done.
• But how much you love your neighbor, as
• How much empathy & love, you put into your
Every time you serve another, maybe by
a) mowing the lawn of your grandpa
b) Smiling one another, and being nice to each other
c) Or picking up a paper of the floor
d) Or getting your Mom a glass of Water
e) Washing the dishes
f) Giving some company to an elder person
g) Feeding your animals, or walking the dogs
h) Watering the plants and trees
i) Or even watching your brothers while your Mom runs
Right now, this is how you are called to change
And it prepares you for further Missions, that
God’s has planned for you, since the beginning of
Every time, you give the gift of Yourself, not
only are you changing the world,
But you are becoming more & more who
God created you to be
It is only in giving of yourself that you will
discover who God created you to be
Have anyone ever ask you what you want to
be or do?
• I am pretty sure your imagination is already full with
plans, dreams & many ideas…
But have you ever asked God, what His
plans are for you?
a) We have learned about Loving your neighbor as yourself
b) And you get lots of practice of that with your family, friends &
c) We have learned about changing the world with our actions, by
growing in Holiness
What can anything of these, have to do with the future?
• By serving your family & friends
• & by giving yourself everyday serving others…
…God will eventually let you know what vocation, He
would like you to follow:
• Is it marriage?
• Is it to be a priest?
• Is it to be a Religious Sister?
• Or to be totally dedicated to his church, as a single life in the world
You are never too young or to old, to start praying and
thinking about God’s plan for your life.
By choosing to grow in Holiness,
and using your freedom
• to love God & serve others
• You are already preparing for your
• Because you are living your Christian
St John Bosco is a great example of
someone who lived his Christian
• and eventually this included a Call to
Vocation of Priesthood.
When Jonh Bosco was a boy, he was always
fun & popular.
Other kids like to be around him.
God have giving him many gifts & talents
And one of the talents God gave him, it was
the ability to entertain people
He used this talent to do Circus acts for the
neighborhood boys, who didn’t know their
Then at the end, He will teach them a
This didn’t seem anything too special at that
time, just a way to help the boys,
But this would be the preparation for his
Vocation, that God had in mind for John
St. Jonh Bosco became a Priest, as
priest, he continues down the path, he
started a long time ago
And he continued to help young boys
who had no one else to help them.
He wanted each of them to live up to
the Dignity God created them for…
• A person Created in His images and likeness
with the eyes of faith
Saint Bosco loves God through loving
in the particular way God planned for
God has a wonderful plan for you, through loving others
And God is preparing your path
Are you preparing your heart to follow God’s plan, that
will lead you to eternal life?
1) Who has human dignity because they
were created in the image & likeness of
2) How Jesus show all men how much they
should love one another?
By dying on the cross for the sins of all men, he
shows us how to love each other.
3) Who you are called to love & served?
a) Lover your neighbor as yourself, This is the
b) To recognize the common dignity of all men,
c) and to give back to God all gifts, He had given
to you, through serving & loving others
God is asking you to participate in his great
Plan for the world
To change the world by our holiness, service
Each one of us affect one another in a good
way or bad one.
God is calling us to be the Light of this World
And don’t forget each human being has a
And person is created in God’s Image &