Student Loan Debt Effects Thousand of Americans Each Year I am over $30,000 in student loan debt!
Average Cost of Tuition over a four year period at a:
- Private University is over $119,000
- Public University is over $33,000
Measly 3% of the Federal Budget was Dedicated to Education
- Defense spending accounted for ¼ of the budget.
Projection Indicate that in 18 years tuition prices could soar:
- At a Private University up to $340,000
- At a Public University up to $95,000
In 2007 86.3% of students who applied for financial aid took out loans.
Debt of students graduating in 2007
- The average cumulative debt of students was $ 24,651
- ¼ of students borrowed $30,526.
- 1/10 of students borrowed $44,668
The Education System As It Stands Needs Serious Rebuilding. Changes Must Be Made!
- Universities and colleges are not properly educating students, an astonishing 1 out of 5 students take out student loans unnecessarily.
- Inadequate aid is being offered, over ¾ of students who applied for federal aid took out loans.
- in 2007 the average cumulative debt of students was 24,651
I Am in Debt Because of Federal and Private Student Loans
My Student Loan Payments Are the Same As Rent in Some Parts of the Country!
Pursuit of higher education promotes a skilled and professional workforce. This consequently promotes a healthy and thriving economy.
Organizations Empowering Students Toward a Debt Free Future!
- Higher Education Student Assistance Authority
Contact Elected Officials and Policy Makers
- To find out who elected officials are in your area and to contact them visit
Work Cited Page
- The College Board- ww.Collegeboard.org
- The Financial Aid Board – www.finaid.org
- Investopedia – www.investopedia.com
- Treasury Urged to Provide No Bailout Benefit to Private Student Lenders by Amit R. Paley, Washington Post, November 28, 2008 – www.washingtonpost.com
- Students on Edge Over Rising Tuition Costs, CBS News U.S., February 2, 2010 (writer not listed)
- America Student Assistance – www.asa.org