1. Jacob Elpers St. Gianna Catholic Health Academy
2. <ul><li>Dear Mrs. Clarke-Hang, </li></ul><ul><li>I am writing in response to an opening in an entry-level position in Via Christi Wichita Campuses. I am interested in applying for the position available in the Athletic Training department. This is a field that I have great interest in and great respect for. </li></ul><ul><li>I am very interested in the field of Athletic Training. Currently I am a student in the St. Gianna Catholic Health Academy. This program has given me the opportunity to learn of the health field and this experience has solidified my interest in this field. I believe that my experiences and studies will make me a great fit for this position. </li></ul><ul><li>The interest in the field of Athletic Training started after an injury during the football season my junior year in high school. I spent a lot of time in the training room and felt that I gained valuable insight into a potential career in athletic training. </li></ul><ul><li>I would appreciate and interview with you at your earliest convenience and can be reached on weekdays after six at my home phone is (316)722-9374 or on my cell phone (316)707-8004. I can also be reached through my e-mail at [email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>I look forward to hearing from you soon. </li></ul>
4. References Denise Clarke-Hang Program Director (316)268-5947 929 N. St. Francis Alan Shuckman Head Football Coach (316)722-2390 8101 W. Central Kimberly Partlow Restaurant Manager (316)266-8226 5555 Zoo Boulevard
5. Orientation Days <ul><li>Tours of St. Francis Campus and St. Joseph Campus </li></ul><ul><li>Tuberculosis Vaccination </li></ul><ul><li>Begin Medical Terminology and careers in Medicine Courses through Newman University </li></ul>
6. Professional Thank You
7. Professional Thank You
8. Professional Thank You
9. Creative Thank You
10. Creative Thank You
11. Creative Thank You
12. Creative Thank You
13. Creative Thank You
14. BLOGS <ul><li>After each rotation, we would share what we learned from the experience. </li></ul>
17. Mentor Forms While on rotations, the people that I follow fill out forms to evaluate how I have done for the day.
18. Mentor Forms
19. Mentor Forms
20. Careers in History In this class, which was provided through Newman University, different professionals in the Health Field came and gave information on their field.
24. Hand Washing Presentation <ul><li>Skit </li></ul><ul><li>How to defend against germs </li></ul><ul><li>Hand Washing Demonstration </li></ul><ul><li>“ Germ Box” </li></ul><ul><li>Hand Washing Song </li></ul><ul><li>Dental Care </li></ul>
25. Final Reflection I enjoyed Health Academy because of the many opportunities it gave me to witness the medical field first hand. I enjoyed rotations, especially the Heart Catheter Lab, and realized the many different career aspects health care has to offer. I believe Health Academy was a good experience in which I was able to further my knowledge and broaden the possibilities open for me in the Medical Field.