Evaluation Question 4How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
• An Apple Mac was probably the most important piece of media technology I had to use. This is because all of the websites that I also used would take place on here, along with iMovie, which only apple macs had. Therefore being able to navigate around was important in order to speed up time and produce good work.
• I used blogger to upload all of my posts. As my coursework gets viewed on blogger, it is crucial to upload new posts and make improvements on a daily basis. Being able to understand how blogger works is important because as well as just producing text, you can upload pictures and videos, as well as creating audience input posts such as a poll.
• iMovie was used to edit my filming. It is a relatively easy program to use, which made it easier to edit. Due to the numerous amounts of functions that are found in iMovie, doing the preliminary filming was very helpful as it allowed me to practise editing first, before I went straight in to edit my actual film.
• YouTube was used to upload my videos that are part of my coursework, to then link it with blogger. Doing this allows the quality to improve, as the quality of the videos are lowered if you upload it straight from blogger. I used YouTube to download ambience for my film. As well as this, I used it to carry out some research, such as for deconstructing other short films and viewing tutorials.
• Prezi was a program I used frequently, as I like the way that it displays my work. I was able to create paths between each piece of text/picture in my Prezi presentations to allow easy navigation for the viewer. The viewer also has the option to navigate around freely, so they can look where they would like to.
• Slideshare is a good program to use to present PowerPoints. It allows PowerPoint presentations to be uploaded to, in my case, blogger. Some of the research which I carried out involved slideshare presentations, so this was a good program to use due to the fact that many other people use it.
I used Adobe Photoshop to create my ancillaries. For myYear 12 coursework I used this program to produce mymusic magazine covers, therefore I could confidently createmy ancillaries. This is because I know all the functionswithin the program, so this allowed me to add lots of effectsthat would make my front cover and magazine review lookmore like the horror genre.
A digital camera similar to this one was used to film my shortfilm. It had a high quality resolution which was perfect forproducing pieces of video. I captured my film in lots of shortclips, then imported them into iMovie to bring them alltogether, and delete the clips which I wasn’t happy with.
The title of my film was written in a font which I downloadedfrom a website called dafont.com. This allowed me toexplore many different fonts which all relate to the horrorgenre, which Microsoft word and Photoshop don’t have.Therefore I made ‘Vengeance’ to look like a suitable horrorlooking title, from the font I installed.