1. INVITING MOBILE MARKETING TO THE PARTY HOW BEST TO PROMOTE YOUR EVENT USING SOCIAL MEDIA & MOBILE MARKETING
2. AGENDAI. Social Going Mobile TrendsII. Using Social Media In All PhasesIII. Using Mobile In All PhasesIV. Q&A: Use hashtag #somoevents Who We Are Alice Fuller, Stephen Jackson Principal Consultant General Manager Sheer Social RDZ Media Group Twitter: @SheerSocial Twitter: @Roaddoggz
3. Q: Which Tool Do You Use Most To Promote Events?A.EmailB.Social Media MarketingC.FlyersD.Mobile MarketingE.Traditional Press (Radio/TV)F.Word-of-Mouth
4. You Can Reach Your Audience Using Social Media • 56% of Americans have an online social proﬁle. • Nearly 25% use social sites several times throughout the day to feed their “Social Habit.”
5. 400 Million Google+ 1.2 Billion Facebook 800 Million YouTube 500 Million Twitter LinkedIn 175 MillionFacebook Twitter Linkedin YouTube Google+
6. Social Is Going Mobile FAST!From This... To ....This A Change Has Come! Are YOU Ready?
7. Social Has Responded To The Mobile Call “[We] anticipate that the rate of growth in mobile usage will exceed the growth in usage through personal computers for the foreseeable future.” Quote from Facebook Sept. 2012 SEC Filing• 61% of social networkers own asmartphone• 91% of mobile internet access is for socialactivities verses 79% on desktops•Even the 55+ demographic used mobile Sources: Hubspot.com , 2012 Neilsen Reporttwice as much i2012 to access social sites
8. 200 Million videos seendaily on mobile100 Million Active Users,40 Mill Photos Per DAY14 Million Pinners UsingMobile Web
9. 10 Reasons To Use A Social & Mobile Approach1.Get The Word Out Faster And To More People2.Can Be Inexpensive Compared To Traditional Marketing3.Increase Web Trafﬁc4.Engage With Attendees Before, During, & After Event5.Learn More About Attendees & Get Their Feedback6.Provide Accessible Info In Real Time7.Makes it Easy For Other To Help You Promote8.Paperless9.Email Integration10.Calendar Integration
10. Using Social To Promote Event Who’s YOUR Target Audience? Where are they online? How can you BEST reach them? When will you start? What’s your goal How will you measure success?
11. Create Shareable Content •Website links •Landing Page links •Blogs •Videos •Photos •Press Releases •Email Marketing TemplatesTIP: Even landing & registrationpages should be shareable viasocial!
12. FACEBOOK EVENTSPERSONAL PROFILE EVENT FAN PAGE EVENT VS Proﬁle Event Pages and Fan Page Events ARE NOT THE SAME! Person Proﬁle Event Pages have a lot more options.
13. Use Call To Action...Buy! Click! Order!Use eye-catchingimage,logo, or ﬂyer Break up info • Event Pages Are Indexed By Google into short • Use keywords paragraphs. • Use Event Page Link On Other Sites Make it easy to • Consistently update SCAN quickly. • Tag speakers, venues, sponsors
14. CREATE BUZZ• Contest & Giveaways• Cover Photo• Friend Referral Apps• Post Polls and Content• Use Targeted Groups• Facebook Ads• Facebook Offers * KNOW THE RULES BEFORE YOU DO CONTEST OR CREATE NEW COVER PHOTO!
15. Register/Buy Through Facebook“The easier you make it to register or buy the better! • Source: TechCruch.com, TheiOSpost.com
16. The Art of Tweet Conversation• Introduce your event to NEW people• Seek engagement Not just numbers• Whose talking about your event?• Be willing to offer rewards for RTs & mentions• Consider Twitter ad buys
17. • One time event or annual? HOW WILL YOU DISPLAY YOUR EVENT TWEETS?
18. Is Your Event LinkedIn?Use status updates, ads, and.... CONNECTIONS * For company pages
19. Get Mobilized To Create Visuals• Get visual fast using MOBILE APPS!• Promotional videos & Testimonials• Photos of speakers, venues, behind-the-scenes• Post Topical images and ﬂyers• GREAT for on-the-gocontent
20. Social Check-Ins • Check-ins promote your event and venue in Facebook newfeeds and Twitter. • Check-in Incentives can boost foot trafﬁc and event participation • Great integration of social and mobile • Great for local marketingWhy Foursquare?•BUILT FOR MOBILE MARKETING•Badges• Mayorship discounts & bragging rights• Compete with friends• Incentive for check-ins nearby• Deeper analytics.
21. LEVERAGING SOCIAL INFLUENCE
22. 7 KEY POINTS• Start early as possible!• Set measurable goals• Where is your audience online?• Generate SHAREABLE Content• Budget for Social Ads to increase REACH• Measure success• Expect and Prepare To USE MOBILEAPPS. Expect Attendees To BE MOBILEbefore, during, AND AFTER EVENTS
23. GET 1 HR CONSULTATION ON PROMOTING YOUR EVENT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING! WRITTEN CRITIQUE OF YOUR SOCIAL PROFILES * WHO TO TARGET, WHERE, & HOW FOR YOUR EVENT * LIST OF SPECIALIZEDSOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS THAT WILL HELP YOU PROMOTE YOUR EVENT $150 Alice Fuller, Principal Consultant, Sheer Social http://sheersocial.com/contact/ Subject: Event Consultation
24. GET READY FOR MOBILE MARKETING! with Stephen Jackson, GM RDZ Media Group, LLC
25. Inviting Mobile Marketing to the PartyStephen Jackson, General Manager RDZ Media Group
26. Mobile & Social A Love Story
27. Mobile & Social = Love for Your Brand•  “If your plans don’t include mobile, then your plans are not finished.” –  Wendy Clark, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing, Coca- Cola (IAB Annual Leadership Meeting 2011)•  "The fact of the matter is that mobile devices are going to be the majority of the way that people get information.“ –  Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google, March 2009
28. Mobile is Powering Social Media
29. Making Mobile & Social Work Together
30. Fit Mobile in the Equation at the Planning Phase
31. Start with your mobile websiteTraditional Mobile
32. Mobile Tools
33. Mobile Keywords & Short Codes
34. Mobile Text Reminder
36. Mobile Voting via Text Message
37. Mobile Use for the Pre-Event •  Develop your mobile list •  Send out event text reminders •  Text event updates
38. Grow your mobile list through social media
39. QR Codes to Social SitesScan if you have Facebook on Scan if you have Twitter on youryour mobile phone. Mobile phone.
40. Mobile Use at the Event •  Text reminders of event start times •  Text-2-Screen for questions and interactivity •  Text polling for event activities •  Encourage attendees to share photos & videos •  Share special offers from sponsors
41. Encourage Consumers to Share Content
42. Mobile Use After the Event •  Send “Thank You” texts and mobile eCards •  Encourage attendees to share and tag content •  Use mobile polling for a recap of the event •  Send special offers from sponsors
43. Twitter Drive mobile subscribers by Tweeting Keywords & shortcodes Create compelling & enticing mobile call to actions Use #hashtags with your campaigns.
44. Less than half of advertisers have included Location BasedServices in their marketing plans.