2. Read these examples and classify the following modals in the chart below according to their meaning.a. You’ll feel better after this medicineb. That’ll be the postmanc. If litmus paper is dipped in acid, it will turn red;d. Oil will float on watere. She’ll sit on the floor quietly all day. She’ll just play with hertoys, and you won’t hear a murmur from her ( of a good baby)f. She will fall in love with the wrong people.g. Every morning he would go for a long walkh. In the spring the birds would return to their old haunts, andthe wood would be filled with their music….
3. O i. Sandra used to come down here and watch me bake cakes. And she used to find it quite fascinating. She wanted to bake them herself but she never really knew how. And her grandmother always used to bake cakes and she would go and watch you know.O j. I’ll write as soon as I can; We won’t stay longer than two hoursO k. Will/Would you help me to address these letters? I’ll do it, if you likeO l. : If you will go out without your overcoat, what can you expect?; She would keep interrupting me.O m. I’m afraid you’ll need to fill in this form. I’ll have to ask you to wait a minute.
4. EXERCISE :NOW COMPLETE YOUR CHART WITH THE SENTENCES
5. MEANING EXAMPLE1.Prediction in thepresent/ future2.Logical necessity3.Conditionalsentences:- universal truth4. Present habits5. Criticizing typicalbehavior6. Past habits andactions7. Willingness8. insistence
6. NOW CHECK YOUR ANSWERS EXAMPLEMEANING1.Prediction in athe present/future2.Logical bnecessity3.Conditional C,dsentences:- universal truth4. Present Ehabits5. Criticizing ftypical behavior6. Past habits G, h, iand actions