Slides of the lecture "Web-based business models" taught by Eduardo Larrain at HEC, a French business school (Strategic Management Master) during 5 classes in January and February 2014
1 - Let’s all talk the same language!
- What’s the web? (page 4)
- What’s a startup? (15)
- What’s a business model? (20)
- Why study Internet-based business models? (28)
2 - What are the key elements of a business model?
- Value proposition and revenue streams (45)
- How’s the music, video games and book publishing industries going? (90)
- Customer channels, customer relationships, key partners, activities, resources, cost structure (121)
3 - What are the business models of Internet heavyweights publicly traded? (142)
- Google (143)
- Facebook (153)
- Zynga (166)
- Twitter (174)
- Linkedin (180)
- Groupon (185)
4 - What are the most promising business models among non-publicly traded Internet companies? (192)
- ZocDoc (198)
- SnapChat (200)
- Airbnb, UberPop, Feastly (202)
5 - Conclusion and farewell (204)
- Appendix: group project and individual test (205)
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.