Slides of the lecture "Web-based business models" taught by Eduardo Larrain at HEC, a French business school (Strategic Management Master) during 4 classes in February 2013
2014 class with updated slides is here : http://fr.slideshare.net/EduardoLarrain/201402-web-based-business-models-lecture
1. What’s the web?
2. What’s a business model?
3. Why study Internet-based business models?
4. What are the key elements of a business model?
• Value proposition and revenue streams
• Drill-down of key Entertainment markets: music, video games, book publishing
• Customer channels, customer relationships, key partners, activities, resources, cost structure
5. What are the business models of Internet heavyweights: Facebook, Google, Zynga, Linkedin, Groupon
6. What are the most promising business models among the world’s most valuable companies: Digital 100, Twitter
7. Conclusion and farewell
8. Appendix: group project and individual test
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.