Rings attached the back plate The second consists of a trapezoidal plate (lamina 26d) with two small rings on the bottom allowing threading a rod from which hung a variable number of thin, elongated rods.
Bronze age sword could slice right through bronze sheets
1. Session 6, August 8-26th, 2012Presented by: Amanda Yano-Litwin
2. Alloy of copper and tin More durable then stone or copper Used for tools, weapons, armor, decoration Resistant to corrosion from sea water Tin is not a natural resource to the Balearic islands
3. Bronze tassel from a chest plate
4. Thought to have been ceremonial Typically weighed between 30 – 40lbs (13.6kg – 18.1kg) Grave good common to warriors 1950-1540 BC first evidence of bronze body armor found in Slovakia – Bronze sheet Talaiotic Bronze Age 1200-800 BC Unique to the island of Menorca
5. Does the presence of bronze associated with military paraphernalia suggest rank? Or status? Could the caves therefore been reserved for the rich or well respected individuals?
6. Where did the tin used to create the bronze come from? What made Talaiotic warriors in Menorca unique? Did warriors hold a special status in society?